How old is you EDC flashlight?

cbxer55

Enlightened
My current edc is an old Four Sevens Quark Pro QP2L-X. Been so for 5 years +. Looking at my post history, bought it in July 2013. So eight years +. Yeah, starting to look a little rough around the edges.

Just ordered a Fenix PD36 TAC yesterday. We'll see if it becomes the new EDC. Brighter than my NItecore TM-03, but small enough to pocket without anyone asking if I am happy to see them. LMAO!!

808vudoo

Enlightened
Some really great options posted here…sometimes newer is not better? Still an all time favorite is the old McLux TK.
Sweet design, rock solid clip and the super addictive Kroll action. The wear marks, scratches and patina only seem to add to the charm.

The original driver gave out on this one a few years back and since upgraded with an Osram emitter and an McR18 reflector. Old school cool with very modern capabilities.
DB1C4343-6928-421B-BA01-49FA78E94AA0.jpeg

808vudoo

Enlightened
It dawned on me today as I emptied me trousers pockets the the little flashlights I carry are 5+ years old. (PKDL PR-1 and PL-2). They still get the job done very well everytime.
The I remembered some saying they still carry a Fenix E01 and some an ARC aaa.

How about you?
Great post and those PK designs…so timeless🔥

chip100t

Enlightened
I have carried a Quark AA for over 12 years. Very handy at work and home

What is your lens like. I am very reluctant to carry my light in the same pocket as keys or change, not because I am worried about the anodising but through fear of damaging the lens.

weez82

Enlightened
I've had the Fenix e01 on my keychain for 11 years. I'm disappointed Fenix does sell them anymore. It's saved the day many times. And my pocket edc for the last 2 years has been my Olight s1r baton turbo s. I've had that for 4 years. Out of all the pocket edc size lights I have those 2 are always on me

TechGuru

Newly Enlightened
According to records I got my MacTac on May 23rd 2013 so 8 years...

Running LiFePO batteries in it.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been rocking an AEON MKII in titanium since it came out some 9 years ago.
Sure, not the brightest but plenty for most tasks.
I love the discrete size, 3 levels, twisty operation and great knurling. Using primaries is the only down side, though the excellent and efficient electronics help not to burn through too many Cr2's.

Munkel

Newly Enlightened
I have been EDC'ing a Nitecore defender infinity for over 10 years. I even got a few spares last year in case mine gets lost or breaks. Theres just something I love about the light. I just wish it was brighter....

Rvc3AAysbP9sn0bdJGGawHsR=w1650-h1292-no?authuser=0.jpg

Lithium Juice

Newly Enlightened
Both of my edc lights are pretty old. A Ra Light w/ Seoul P4, and an Oveready Peak Eiger w/ nichia 119. They are 12 years old, and (IIRC) 10 years old, respectively.

FastTurtle

Newly Enlightened
My oldest EDC is a Maglite Solataire (1x 3aa) that's almost old enough to drink as I've had it since 2002. Changed the battery recently and it still works well even though never one of the brightest out there even when new.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
My oldest is definitely the one in the center of my avatar pic; Original Laser Products Surefire 6P. But it has been retired as my EDC. The newest one and the one I currently carry the most is my Olight Warrior Mini. It is usually the only thing in whichever pocket it is in due to the magnet, but I tend to prefer carrying lights that way anyhow. It is also my work EDC along with an i3T as the workplace is more business casual and I prefer to not have any holsters on my belt. More to avoid drawing attention to things I might otherwise be carrying.

Interestingly, most of my other lights were simply bought in the pursuit of the Warrior Mini. Or rather, what it represents. The closest flashlight to what I imagine as my perfect light. The Mini isn't my perfect light, but it is close enough that I use it all the time. I just wish it didn't have that "customized" cell.

cbxer55

Enlightened
What is your lens like. I am very reluctant to carry my light in the same pocket as keys or change, not because I am worried about the anodising but through fear of damaging the lens.

I work in aircraft, and have always been able to find caps that fit over the bezel end of a light, to protect the lens from just that. Which is the reason I still edc a Four Sevens Quark Pro after 8 years, with not a single scratch on the lens. I put a small pin hole in the end for the purpose of making sure the light is actually off. If left on, especially in the 780 lumen setting, your pocket gets pretty hot pretty quick. Imagine that with a 3000 lumen pocket rocket like the Fenix PD36 TAC!

sambob223

Newly Enlightened
ThruNite T30S bought back In 2014 (7 years) still gets In to my EDC rotation.
Mostly because 9.4 lumens for 95 hours and when off the mode button Is instant strobe just press and hold and It does a comfortable 150 lumens ceiling bounce for 7 hours.

dclarkmsu81

Newly Enlightened
No scratches and as clear as the day I got it. Old info I have says it's impact resistant glass with sapphire coating outside and anti-reflective inside