How rare are Flat sided Surefire U2's?

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't believe I ever saw a 4 flat sided one like the older A2's/E2e/L series.

Might as well add to the U2 eye candy...
w176331600.jpg

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a few pass through my hands (Sgt. Led's included =) ) but have not seen any lately. Got one off eBay a while ago.

I think they're decently rare, and I think they also look much better than the fully round ones! Plus they take 18650's without having to bore out the ChemKote. Nice.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't believe I ever saw a 4 flat sided one like the older A2's/E2e/L series.

I meant the overall shape of the flats.
Not that the U2 body has 4 flats.
Just that it kinda resembles the "Flats" on the older 4-sided A2's

I like the feel of this style more and the 18650 fitment is a bonus too.
To bad I don't have a FULL U2 anymore...but somehow still have 18 U2 bodies:shrug::ohgeez:

cy

Flashaholic
no clue about which body is rare.... but the most desirable U2 body is the original version with coin wrapper tube inside.

18650 would drop right in with no mods... U2, first production light that supported 18650... unofficially of course...

cy

Flashaholic
here's a pic of serial.. this U2 was purchased new and was part of initial release for U2.
it's got two flat and two round sides. this U2 has been one of the best lights I've ever used.

have never bother to upgrade emitter because U2 puts out plenty of light, 1x 18650 lasts for months without discharging... plus don't want to kill my lifetime warranty.

U2 now resides in holster with Surefire/Strider combo. this has got to be the slickest military blade/flashlight/holster combo in existence :D

u2 serial.JPG

strider u2.JPG

strider u22.JPG

You happen to know the serial number range of those tubes cy?

I think that's what mine is.

Last edited: