How To Mount Two Zebralight Headlamps On One Band

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'd opt for one of the floody headlamps mounted normally on the front, and an out-the-front light (probably an SC52/62) mounted in an extra silicone holder on the side. Maybe even one on each side if I needed the extra output, or wanted to balance the strap.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I've figured out what I think is the best method to do this, I really need to take a picture to explain but essentially you put on one headlight normally, then take the other one (mounted on the strap and everything) and put it on top of the first one so the light is just above the first light and the band is sort of diagonal so the back of the band is towards the bottom of the back of the skull. This way they're both kept separate so no worries of removing them from their holders or anything. I tried a similar setup by velcroing my H600 to my H602 which worked fine but it ended up being very unstable having the H600 mounted so far from the connection to the headband, it also looked really dumb. With the two headband method they're both very stable, completely separable and they're both close and tight to your head so very stable.

markr6

Flashaholic
Well I've figured out what I think is the best method to do this, I really need to take a picture to explain but essentially you put on one headlight normally, then take the other one (mounted on the strap and everything) and put it on top of the first one so the light is just above the first light and the band is sort of diagonal so the back of the band is towards the bottom of the back of the skull. This way they're both kept separate so no worries of removing them from their holders or anything. I tried a similar setup by velcroing my H600 to my H602 which worked fine but it ended up being very unstable having the H600 mounted so far from the connection to the headband, it also looked really dumb. With the two headband method they're both very stable, completely separable and they're both close and tight to your head so very stable.

Even though I never have a need for both, this seems to be the easiest and most logical explanation.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even though I never have a need for both, this seems to be the easiest and most logical explanation.
I had an excellent need last night! I had a wasp nest in my bathroom exhaust fan ductwork so I went in the attic with both lights on my head. Had the H602w so I could see EVERYTHING in front of me and the H602w I had so when I cut into the ductwork I could see down in there looking for the nest, it was most excellent!

I think with just the H602w I couldn't have seen down INTO the ductwork and with just the H600w working in such close quarters it would've been too bright in the hotspot and blinded me or too dark for the spill to be useful enough.