I can't decide on an AAA and AA charger for my Eneloops. Can you help?

Samy

Enlightened
I've been using my NC8700 8 bay Enecharger from batteriesaustralia.com.au for about 3 years. It's so good i bought another to keep in storage as a spare. Not cheap, but a really really good simple charger. I regularly fill all 8 bays and it handles it fine. It's a smart charger with discharge and works great.

cheers

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have heard good things about the Maha chargers, but also some heat mentions over a few threads here and there.

I would recommend either a LaCrosse BC-700 or a LaCrosse BC-1000. The only difference in models is max charge rates of 700mA or 1,000mA. I had the BC-1000 for a few years and it worked great until I accidentely plugged a 12V charger into it - poof. I replaced it with a BC-700 because of the cost difference and the fact I never charged cells using any setting higher than 200 or 500mA.

The cost difference is about $30 at the moment. I just checked Amazon and they have the BC-700 for sale for only $30 with Prime shipping - that's a steal of a price.

Actually if you use only channel 1 and/or channel 4 the charging rate can go to 1500 or 1800ma on the charger.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually if you use only channel 1 and/or channel 4 the charging rate can go to 1500 or 1800ma on the charger.

Good to know in a pinch but I usually have enough spare cell around that I don't have any rush to charge up a cell that quick. Besides we all know that a slower (<1C or closer to 0.1C) charge is better for the over cell health and life cycles.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the AccuPower IQ-328? It does everything the OP wants, and is pretty inexpensive. I'm thrilled with mine. It defaults to a 200ma, but you can cycle to higher rates with one button.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ccuPower-IQ-328-AA-AAA-Charger-Nice-and-Smart!!

I was just looking at the 328 on Amazon--about $33, so a few bucks more than the BC-700. It's a good charger and were I to do it all over again, I'd get that in lieu of the BC-700. Actually, I had a chance to get one at the time I bought the BC-700 and Maha C9000, but opted for the American company.

Chris

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, it diidn't come up when I was doing a whole mess of searches e.g. 'best NiMH charger' everyone seemed to say Maha or Lacrosse. Good to have options though.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 4

teacher

Newly Enlightened
I have the La Crosse BC-700 and Maha PowerEx MH-C9000... along with a few other "cheapies". The only one I use now is the Maha. Get the Maha PowerEx MH-C9000 and call it a day.You'll save a lot of money in the long run and needless worry trying to figure it all out. ;)

Wil

Newly Enlightened
I especially like that I can just throw some cells on the IQ-328 charger and if I'm not in a hurry, they will charge at a safe rate. With my life, I need all the help I can get not to fry my cells! Otherwise, I bump AAs up to 700 and AAAs up to 500 if I want them a little faster. Cheers!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I mostly use my duracell mobile charger myself even though it is sort of slow and simple cells that it doesn't blink "error" it charges every time I use my BC900 for the rest

chewy78

Enlightened
accumanager 10 on sale at amazon for 15.92

Last edited: