**DONOTDELETE**

"Each month, he'll release a new colour finish."
Uhmmm...

flaglite.jpg

6pusa_full.jpg

SAM

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add in a Black A19 to that 6P flag special and you get an even more curious light. That's what I did with my recently purchased $49.95 6P so I could use my P90 while my 9P wears its 3" Turbohead.

Is four colors the max you can do with SF parts?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I pester PK all the time to release LOTCs for my G2's in Black, Yellow and Olive Drab.

A19 for the G2 - Pyrex Lens the G2 first. I pester PK for that too.

When will I be able to get SC2 that can hold my MN lamps without crushing the bulbs - very soon I'm told. The design has already been changed.

As Sam shows, SureFire have had to compete with MagLite for fancy show-off finishes. Obviously, MagLite have more experience with pretty finishes then SureFire who for some strange reason seem to think R&D into new products is the way forward (?) Putting your nation's flag on your product just to sell it... What ever will they think of next? I mean, who buys this?!
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

I have some photos to show you guys...

PK did have a personal motivation to take a holiday that goes way beyond dinner with Jahn & Al.

Al

mindcrime

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geepondy:
The problem with offering the G2 to the general masses at a typical department store is this. Say you can sell the light at an affordable rate, say $30 but how can you sell the light in the same store that would cost you over $10 to replace the batteries in it? The price discrephancy between buying 123 cells at brick and mortar stores opposed to online has got to shrink greatly in order for this concept to work.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but isn't this also the current pricing structure we see in today's inkjet printer market at Best Buy, et al. You can buy a pretty good printer for $100 (Epson 880 as an example). But ink cartridges are $35 a pop. I order mine online for $4 each.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL,

I guess PK came over to have Al and Jahn test out some new secret SF projects targeted for the UK market - like the LF-beam filter and such - or the WR-holder.

blush.gif

Klaus

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>LF = London Fog
<LI>WR = Welsh Rain[/list]

bykfixer

Flashaholic
14 year later bump.

I just wonder if anybody at that table had even the remotest idea of the thing things we see today.

I also wonder if lightlover ever finished that post, does that t-shirt still work, and does Al actually wear size 15's?

Lastly I wonder if that fertile mind of PK devised the icon brand to eventually land on the shelves of Wal Mart instead of attempting the G2?... (they did end up in Radio Shacks and some Target stores)

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
14 year later bump. ... I just wonder ...

... be the most dug-up-from-the-dead thread here ever...

scout24: slow down! The Very Solemn Mr. bykfixer was kinda / sorta responding to a conversation!

Ah, 14 years ago – my sense of Nostalgia meant I had to clear the mist before me eyes …
(Partly the reason for my delayed response)

What a wistfulness-maker – I remember that evening well. (Well, kind of well …)

The old saying is something like: "Don't Ever Meet Your Heroes".
Meeting the great pk was an exception. He was charming, patient, energetic, and amusing – a class act!
(I'm sure he does/did have some negative qualities too … But meeting "The Man Who" was fascinating, and I still even now, feel warmed to him.
We, Us flashlighters, have a genuine star as one of our Brilliants.
(Maybe, someday, he'll answer one of my emails: he's a talkative guy too …)

Hey, remember, this was way back – LED's were just beginning, and certainly me and Size15's were excited about the "new tech", while unaware of how they'd develop: and how very quickly too – WoW!
(I daresay that even pk, with his vision, couldn't see ~15 years into the future – who can?)

I wonder, what's the future of Hand-Held Illumination as of 2016?
What will there be in 2030 … 2117?
The Mind Boggles! The Mind Boggles!
Back then, any light with more than 200lu was something to aspire to …
(The beautiful bright 500lu of the SF M6 lasted 20 minutes, killing 6x CR123A's in the process!).
(The ~65 (SureFire) lumens of the E2-series made me gasp, especially from that TINY form factor).

So, yes, "LED's were just beginning" – do you young / newer members really understand what that means?

Seriously?

(And there weren't any ((even half-way reasonable)) – rechargeable cells). Imagine that!
Plus there must be 10x more manufacturers now?

If you're a recent CPF'er, that may be a shock. Well, me too!
(I take a 10-year break, and return to a CPF from a Different Planet).]

yeah, the "rave T-shirt" – I put that away a few years ago, I'm getting too old for that stuff …

I still believe that the Mag 3D Silver is a Work Of Art – and I haven't finished writing that post yet – hey, give me time …

[Nostalgic Sniffle Sniffle Sniffle]

PS: I bet that CPF in 14yrs time will have topics like:

Best way I can make my EDC larger - I want my 2,000lu x 1hr runtime TinyLite to be a gracious addition to my jeans' pocket. Help adapt my light to be bigger?

scout24

Flashaholic
Lightlover- I'm in no rush! I envy you those early days, meeting with someone who was charting the course forward that got us here. Funny you mention the E2- There's an E2e within arm's reach as I type, and an M6 by my front door. They both have modern company where they sit, but are both eminently capable for their respective roles.

Pics of the rave t-shirt, please... :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Lightlover- I'm in no rush! I envy you those early days, meeting with someone who was charting the course forward that got us here. Funny you mention the E2- There's an E2e within arm's reach as I type, and an M6 by my front door. They both have modern company where they sit, but are both eminently capable for their respective roles.

I found this in a 'greatest hits' type thread and just had to bump it.

I love the rich history here and enjoy occasionally restarting an old conversation when possible.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
... I envy you those early days, meeting with someone who was charting the course forward that got us here. Funny you mention the E2- There's an E2e within arm's reach as I type, and an M6 by my front door. ... both eminently capable for their respective roles.

Scout24,

I've searched - turned the place upside-down - but no historic T-shirt ...
Probably given to a youngster, when I realised my age increase ...
(But it was just a plain T-shirt, with a basic graphic analyser velcro'd on.

BUT: I could find my EDC of that evening, the E2e and the Mag 3D - even blindfolded - within 10 seconds!
That's gotta mean something?

byk - I guessed that's how you found that obscure topic.

"For the love of lights!"

It was an exciting phase - lights were moving on, evolving so quickly.
But I don't think we fully realised it at the time.

Aw, Nostalgia!!

nbp

Flashaholic
What ever happened to Al? It's been 3.5 years since he was posting here. :candle:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I didn't have dinner with PK but did talk to him.

I asked about setting up dealers in Europe and he said "I have friends in the UK but the only French friend I have is french fries" lol.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
the worst necrobump I've ever seen in my life. I was reading this thread and did not notice the date.