I need a single AA, rear clicky, pocket clip

Grizzly22

Newly Enlightened
As title says a 1 x AA cell light with:
Strong quality pocket clip
rear clicky (stronly preferred, not mandatory)
2 modes Low/High (strongly preferred, not mandatory)

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
the 4sevens Preon? I think the dual AAA P2 accepts the momentary tail switch

**edit. You asked for single AA. Maybe consider the Peak Logan in CR123?

** second edit. Happened by the Eagletac D25. I think it fits your bill

Last edited:

jasonwilldermood

Newly Enlightened
2nd the Eagletac D25A. Cool white or neutral white, XM-L2 or XP-G2, aluminum or titanium. Lots of choices.

jimboutilier

Enlightened
Eagletac D25A Clicky. Available in XPG2 or XML2 depending on of you prefer more throwey or floodey. 175-200 lm on regular AA or 550-750lm on 14500 depending on the LED. Four brightness levels. Very slim and light. Very small for a clicky. Reverse clicky so no momentary activation. Around $50. Very well made and 10 year warranty. Also available in cool or neutral white. Aluminum or Titanium.

Torpedo

Newly Enlightened
If you just want two modes, you might look at the Klarus P1A...good clip, rear forward clicky, 150/12 lumens, twist head to adjust. Sells for about 35.00 bucks. If you want more modes the Eagletac D25a or Fenix LD12 are good lights.

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
I second the Klarus P1A, 2 modes (though I think the high mode is 100 lumens, not 150?) and tactical forward clicky for momentary activation. Has a good pocket clip too which clips securely and I think reversible too for bezel up or down carry. Modes accessed by slightly loosening the head for low and tightening for high so no cycling through the mode you don't want to get to the one you do.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The OP doesn't mention budget, so I'll suggest the new McGizmo AA LE. Available with the differrent heads and emitters. Great clip and McClicky. 3 modes with memory.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark tactical (I prefer the XML 2xAA on a 1xAA tube) - you can program the 2 modes you want, fully supports all battery chems (all lower modes retained at spec), longest and best warranty, strongest clip (my D25A keeps needing adjustment).

litlmh

Newly Enlightened
Quark tactical (I prefer the XML 2xAA on a 1xAA tube) - you can program the 2 modes you want, fully supports all battery chems (all lower modes retained at spec), longest and best warranty, strongest clip (my D25A keeps needing adjustment).

Agreed! I have the exact same configuration and it's great.

?? My d25a clip is rock solid. Now, the D25a2 clip is another kind altogether and can loosen, just like my Quark clip. Of all of them, I'd say the single AA D25 is the strongest.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Malkoff MDC AA? It's 1xAA, sturdy deep-carry clip, rear clicky, and 3 mode moonlight-low-high. Probably the highest quality AA you're gonna find for a reasonable* price point.

*Well, reasonable compared to the aforementioned McGizmo :p

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have two choices with the Malkoff MDC. The new AA model, which is optimized for Alkaleaks, Energizer Lithiums or Eneloops. Or the Li-ion head with an AA body. The Li-ion model will have more output. Both have a very sturdy, deep carry clip, a McClicky switch and a wonderful beam (McGizmo reflector). High quality light and more reasonable than the McGizmo.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree completely, my Quark AA-Tactical has treated me very well. It has the 2-mode head select as many other lights do (that cost less) but since each mode is programmable you get so much more versatility for different environments. Behaves identically between NiMH and Li-ion at all but the highest output (with good regulation on both). If you can spring it, I would highly recommend it. If you want to spend a bit less, the Jetbeam PA10 I got for my mother seems like a good option for the price.

rockhopper

Newly Enlightened
How about the new Olight S15 Baton? Apart from not having a rear-clicky but a side switch instead it fits all the bills, and it has the benefit that you can use 2xAA or 3xAA if needed with extentions and it also allows 14500.