I need your help CPF! Love to get your feedback on my Titanium Carbon Fiber Light

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw we are now 100% funded and reached the stretch goal for the holster.. Any plans to include the deep carry pocket clip? Would love that option.

espeery

Newly Enlightened
Yes the driver is potted. The driver and emitter base are easy to swap out. When I get a moment I will try to show some pics and process of how you would do that. I could also get you the thread pitch and size for the copper heat sink so you could make a custom setup.

Btw. Is the driver still potted? So not easily changed? I'd like the option of change or perhaps a separate pill to build with my own components.

espeery

Newly Enlightened
Currently the end cap, heat shield and button are made of titanium. We will be offering a limited edition Cerakote edition very soon. Cerakote, for those who don't know, is a ceramic and expoxy mix, very thin and very strong that is baked on at a very high temp and long time. We have a very high quality Cerakote company that will do all our work.

Love the deep pocket clip.

Do Cerakotes use Ti or Al caps?

Last edited:

espeery

Newly Enlightened
I saw we are now 100% funded and reached the stretch goal for the holster.. Any plans to include the deep carry pocket clip? Would love that option.

We will be launching a new stretch goal for the deep pocket clip today or tomorrow. I really think the clip will be a hit and help motivate others to jump in and share the campaign.

espeery

Newly Enlightened
Yes. Please DM me with some more info about what your reviews entail.

Btw. Is the driver still potted? So not easily changed? I'd like the option of change or perhaps a separate pill to build with my own components.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I need your help CPF! Love to get your feedback on my Titanium Carbon Fiber ...

I heard back from 880arm, and wanted to let everyone know that he has spoken to Atlas flashlights. Jim has been slammed with work, traveling a lot, and hopes to get back here soon. He is a great guy.

Seeing this Atlas flashlight project succeed so well is also a tribute to the contributions of CPF members and to the CPF organization. Well Done.

And I am also one of the people who likes the way the Atlas logo looks on the torch.

espeery

Newly Enlightened
Re: I need your help CPF! Love to get your feedback on my Titanium Carbon Fiber ...

Thank you Kitrobaskin for reaching out to 880arm. Jim was gracious and apologized for not getting back to me. He is working on the review now. He shared a few comments in an email I wanted to share with CPF:

"I did receive the light and I have run it through its paces a little bit. It's nice to see a variation from the "same old" flashlight design and, to my slight surprise, I found I liked the increased diameter with the sleeve in place.

As far as the design is concerned, I have to say you executed it much better than I originally envisioned. When I read the description online, I wasn't sure how well the removable sleeve would work out. Lots of times design features like that end up working OK in one configuration but not the other. However I think the threaded collars do a good job of keeping everything tight and in place, with or without the sleeve. Also, for a prototype, the sample looks very very good."

I heard back from 880arm, and wanted to let everyone know that he has spoken to Atlas flashlights. Jim has been slammed with work, traveling a lot, and hopes to get back here soon. He is a great guy.

Seeing this Atlas flashlight project succeed so well is also a tribute to the contributions of CPF members and to the CPF organization. Well Done.

And I am also one of the people who likes the way the Atlas logo looks on the torch.

espeery

Newly Enlightened

All, I always like giving CPF an early heads up. We will be launching the "Snow Trooper" a C57 Cerakoted limited edition on Kickstarter. The titanium parts are Cerakoted, with a white painted carbon fiber tube. Of course you can choose other color combinations for the aluminum and tube. Here is a sneak peek:

2igc9bd.png

b4dwmq.png

Last edited:

Dragunbayne

Newly Enlightened

I am so excited for this light. It really hits all the marks for me. I was actually going to order a different light next week, but you won me over! I seriously cannot wait for this.

Xaios

Newly Enlightened

All, I always like giving CPF an early heads up. We will be launching the "Snow Trooper" a C57 Cerakoted limited edition on Kickstarter. The titanium parts are Cerakoted, with a white painted carbon fiber tube. Of course you can choose other color combinations for the aluminum and tube. Here is a sneak peek:

2igc9bd.png

b4dwmq.png

Holy crap that's hot. Pledged. I don't care of the Canadian Dollar is in the toilet.

Quick question: I saw on the comments on the Kickstarter that colorless anodizing is available on the aluminum core for the regular models. Could I get that on the Snow Trooper?

Last edited:

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome. So let me ask the eternal question, I am already pledged for a duo CPF special but the Cerakote is also a must have. Will you offer add ons with the survey so we can purchase the Cerakote and one or more Al editions? Not sure how that works with KS but I wish we could just increase the pledge by the requisite amount for additional units.

espeery

Newly Enlightened

We will be launching Indiegogo InDemand. This will allow us another 30 days to collect preorders. The link will be up on Kickstarter just after the campaign closes. You can also just pay us direct via paypal and we will add to your order.

Awesome. So let me ask the eternal question, I am already pledged for a duo CPF special but the Cerakote is also a must have. Will you offer add ons with the survey so we can purchase the Cerakote and one or more Al editions? Not sure how that works with KS but I wish we could just increase the pledge by the requisite amount for additional units.

espeery

Newly Enlightened

Yeah that shouldn't be a problem.
Holy crap that's hot. Pledged. I don't care of the Canadian Dollar is in the toilet.

Quick question: I saw on the comments on the Kickstarter that colorless anodizing is available on the aluminum core for the regular models. Could I get that on the Snow Trooper?

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast

Excellent. Paypal address and additional shipping?

espeery

Newly Enlightened

Additional shipping expense should be minimal. I'll publish instructions when we have it all together. Thanks for your support!

Excellent. Paypal address and additional shipping?

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast

Only $335 from reaching the needed 35k goal which add the bonus deep carry clip. I hope we make it there as that would be a huge plus. That new snow trooper color is awesome!

Dragunbayne

Newly Enlightened

Only $335 from reaching the needed 35k goal which add the bonus deep carry clip. I hope we make it there as that would be a huge plus. That new snow trooper color is awesome!

We're so close, I'm looking forward to the clip! This flashlight is going to be epic.

espeery

Newly Enlightened
Great news, it looks like we will reach the $35,000 funding stretch goal! Only two hours left to get in on this awesome deal!