I need your help CPF! Love to get your feedback on my Titanium Carbon Fiber Light

iptest0125

Newly Enlightened
It's been a long time since I've posted an update to CPF. We are in the final stage of assembly and shipping of the Atlas C57 carbon fiber titanium light. Here are a few pictures from our assembly here in Utah. We are excited with the quality of manufacturing. We are on track to begin shipping later this week. Here is a link to the Owners Manual:

http://www.atlasflashlights.com/#!manual/af8rj

2cfp4lf.jpg
[/IMG]

11lqyd1.jpg
That's some sexy pictures!

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update, I'm looking forward to receiving mine and posting a mini-review! Will we get tracking numbers emailed once they ship? Also what are your plans regarding these lights, will you open a website and continue selling them or is it just a limited run? Thanks in advance!

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received an email today from Atlas that stated the lights are shipping today.

I checked on my backer number and found that my lights are supposed to be delivered on Saturday.

Looking forward to adding a new EDC to the rotation.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do u check your backer number?

Sign into Kickstarter, then the project that you've backed, and finally your pledge. Directly beneath the pledge is the backer number.

I wish that the numbers used were other than a jpg file, as you'll have to manually write down the number and then access the USPS website.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is scheduled to arrive Monday, looking forward to receiving it and writing a short review! It's going to be up against tough competition with my Zebralight MK3 HI and SC63w the top two comparisons.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now they're only offering one light? Before it had 3 and said "most popular model (s)". Now they only have the all black one and it says "most popular model".

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now they're only offering one light? Before it had 3 and said "most popular model (s)". Now they only have the all black one and it says "most popular model".

Atlas previously offered 6-8 different colors of the aluminum tube and three of four different colored graphite tubes as well as different colors for the titanium. It had to be a logistics nightmare to build stock with that many choices.

If they were building and selling custom lights the different offerings would be expected. They are offering a light with some new features, at what was a good price.

I'll post up some pics Saturday after I get mine.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
First time I have heard, and since I already have two Carbon Fibre lights I am always ready to see another one-since I am in the midst of a move I will hold off on ordering one for a little while, but joined the email list and am looking forward to reading the reviews. Thanks for the heads up!

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
A quick update.

Received my Atlas C57 lights today. Very well packaged in a fitted box that uses a magnetic flap closure. Also included was a deep carry clip, a lanyard with aluminum carabiner, a spare set of o-rings and a sheath for belt carry.

One of the lights I ordered, the pink anodized barrel, black carbon fiber tube and the blackened titanium (nose and tail.)

Of note is that the light won't accept a protected cell that has the pcb on the tail, as the cell is too large in diameter to fit inside.

Later this weekend, I'll post up a better detailed review, but for now, you and salivate over this.

th8tredude

Enlightened
I received my C57 today. Very nice light! Excellent fit and finish! Love the machining and the way it all fits together.
Only one problem, the tint of the XP-L. It is super green to my eye. I tried comparing it to a bunch of other lights from between 4000K and 6500K, XP-L HD, XP-L HI, XM-L2, ... This one is simply way more green than anything else I own, and that's well over 100 LED flashlights.
I have an XP-L Hi in a 3D tint I'm thinking of swapping in to make it more to my taste.
Any chance you guys might offer spare pills for those of us who might be inclined to have more than one option?
I'm even considering putting in a nice quad! Although, to do that, I should really have a copper pill made that also integrates a proper spacer and threads in in place of the reflector.
Sweet light! Don't mistake my comments as negative feedback. Tint is totally a personal preference. And,I can never leave well enough alone!

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is also delivered, I'll have a chance to leave some feedback and test it out later tomorrow when I pick it up at the house. Looking forward to testing this light out!

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a chance to pick up my package today and finally open this light! First impressions so far, the packaging is nicely done and the clip is very sturdy. Tint is a clean cool white but later on I'll probably swap it out for a neutral emitter. Size of the light and weight is quite a bit more than I expected, it is too large for me to EDC but would make a great backpack or around the house light. Comparing it to my MK3 HI, the Zebralight is a little brighter with a tighter hotspot. The one problem I've run into with the Atlas C57 is battery fit. All of my 18650 cells will not fit, they're a little too fat and get stuck about halfway down. The only cell that fits, and barely, is an old 18650b cell by Panasonic. Even then it's an extremely tight fit and worries me that it may get stuck. I've emailed Atlas about this so we will see what options they have. Otherwise I'm stuck using 2 cr123 cells or my Panasonic 18650.

Overall the light is a high quality build. The threads are nicely done, o-rings in the right place and the mode operation is simple but effective. Full click to turn the light on and half press while it's on to change between the 4 brightness levels. They're spaced quite nicely imo which is hard to do with a 4 level light. No strobe or sos to worry about either. Overall my initial impress are mostly positive; once I can get the 18650 issue resolved I think this light will be one of my preferred backpack and outdoors lights. The ability to customize this light in the future with a different emitter are a big positive also.

If anyone wants beamshots or size comparisons to my Zebralight let me know and I'll try to get a few up tonight.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to know if the clip will for a Surefire C/P/G light

If you're trying to ask if a Surefire 6P clip will fit, no it won't. The Atlas light clip is too large in diameter.

I conversed with Eric yesterday about the battery issue. Mt light measures .725"ID and a Panasonic 18650B is .723". Also, the Sanyo GA cell fits.

A word of caution, the edge of the light can be sharp, so watch insertion of the battery so as to not cut the wrapper.

I'll share more once I hear back from Eric of Atlas.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Sanyo cells don't fit in this light and I have several to try, so I'm guessing the diameter of the tube inside my light is slightly smaller. Hoping that we can get the battery issue resolved since that's a big deal for me, not being able to use any of my 18650 cells except one. Otherwise a nice light with plenty of customization options and ability to mod myself in the future.