I regret to inform you...

andyw513

Enlightened
Sir, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I remember posting on that thread back forever ago. God bless him, and God bless you and your family through this time.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I'm so sorry that Elijah made the ultimate sacrifice in contribution to everything he believed in. I'm especially sorry for the sadness, loss, grief, and pain that is now suffered among his family. Please know that we do not have adequate words to express our appreciation and condolences that he deserves.

The Hawk

Enlightened
Prayers sent. Words can not express how sad this is.
My son is scheduled to deploy to Afghanistan later this year.
Although I have not experienced what you have, my heart truly goes out to you. God will help you during this horrible time. Please ask Him for help.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
My sincerest condolences to those surviving the loss of a loved one who served our country. May they never be forgotten.

scout24

Flashaholic
DHart-
One of my local newspapers, The Rockland Journal News, here in N.Y. runs a section called "Roll of Honor", where they post profiles of soldiers recently lost in action. I hadn't thought of this thread in a few weeks, but I opened the paper ten minutes ago, and there is the profile of Elijah. I have never had the CPF world and the "real" world collide before, I admit it was a bit strange, feeling like I knew him some from the heartfelt posting you have done here. It may seem like a strange offer, but if you would like me to save a copy to mail to you, please PM me with your address. Just know his (and your family's) sacrifice is being acknowledged as far away as New York.

EDIT- I arrived home this evening to find my VFW magazine had arrived, and there is an acknowledgment in there as well, which I will also gladly forward if you would like.

Last edited:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
I just discovered this thread, and like many others who have already posted, I, too, vividly remember reading the thread where you were talking about how Solarforce lights helped your son (and his friends) search for hidden IEDs. I'm not sure why, but that thread stuck with me.

I'm truly sorry about your loss; I can only imagine how difficult it is. But I'm also truly grateful to know that incredible people like him are fighting to defend our country and its values. If there's anything I can do to help you (or honor his memory) - maybe sending a light to one of his friends, or sending you a card, or perhaps donating a few dollars to your favorite charity - please let me know.

- FITP

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
I had not seen this before - I am so sorry for your loss, and my prayers are out for your entire family. I am grateful for your son's service and his sacrifice for all of us.

daloosh

Soundchaser

Newly Enlightened
I grieve with you on the loss of your son. Looks like he was a very fine young man.

It's a hell of a sacrifice and it is men like this that have made and kept our country great.

God bless you and your family.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was expecting that this was just going to be a joke thread of some kind, or a sour turn of events that turned great. But as I read on, it quickly became clear to me that this was something entirely different.

Seeing your son Elijah in that picture, and learning of all the promise he had laid out before him in his life ahead, it makes hearing of his death so much more painful. It's a reminder of how this war takes such a great toll on people we'll never meet, people who are someone else's loved ones. It is the ultimate sacrifice... I just wish there didn't have to be such great people making it, losing their lives in the process. :shakehead

I am so very sad for your loss... may God grant you comfort in the times ahead.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prayers out for the family. Your son was a hero. The gratitude and respect I can express here seems so small compared to such a monumental loss. There will be many tough times ahead, but I hope the thought that it is better to have greatness for a short time than not at all will bring some comfort.

:candle:

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just now saw this thread, having recently returned to the board.

My deepest condolences go out to you and your family, DHart.

jmcf1949

Newly Enlightened
Reading something like this is cause for great sorrow. Elijah and those like him are the reason we enjoy the kind of life we do. I hold those that choose to serve in such high reverence it is almost un-describable. They are our heroes, and will not be forgotten.

Jim - Semper Fi

Dean N

Newly Enlightened
Damn sorry to hear this. My nephew is in the Marines, 1st LAR Div., and recently spent his last tour in Afghanistan clearing those friggin' IEDs. I'm sorry you were not as lucky as we were. Real sorry.

Regards,

Dean