• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Important Notice about ordering batteries at GearBest.com

Aggressor

Newly Enlightened
Hello dears,

Glad to tell you we are testing new battery shipping methods now. The new shipping methods could ship to over 200 countries include Canada. If everything goes well, we will offer this shipping method service next Monday or earlier. During the test, we closed the battery shipping method to USA. Please kindly take care of it. Once the new shipping method is available, i will update here :)

Thank you!

This is great news!
When is it coming?
I need my batteries...

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is great news!
When is it coming?
I need my batteries...

The new shipping method is still on testing. Once it's released to use, i will update here rightly. Thank you for all of your focusing and support!!! :)

Aggressor

Newly Enlightened
The new shipping method is still on testing. Once it's released to use, i will update here rightly. Thank you for all of your focusing and support!!! :)

Thanks, I will wait.

One other thing I wanted to ask you: currently GearBest does not carry any 14500 cells, yet GearBest sells a lot of flashlights which use this cell type. Could you please check if it is possible to start selling this cell? The best choice is "Sanyo UR14500P (800 mAh)" and GearBest already sells other Sanyo cells.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
So order batteries separately? I was thinking about getting a set of 4 more 18650s sometime.

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks a lot for all of your focusing and support! Personally sorry, i couldn't confirm you the exact date. About the new shipping method, it's on testing. When it's available, i will surely update here.

Thanks again for your support!!! Have a nice day!

kaptain_zero

Enlightened
I'm going to give this thread a little bump..... it's now October and we're waiting, money in hand to buy lithium Ion cells. I know it has been said we'd find out when it's available, but perhaps GearBest has let this slip his/her mind?

boyka

Newly Enlightened
Hi Gearbest, just want to add here. I see the shipping fee for 4pcs and 8pcs 18650 batteries are mostly between $17-$21. Will this be the final shipping fee? Or this is still on testing and the shipping fee will be cheaper when its done?

kaptain_zero

Enlightened
I hadn't noticed that we can order Lithium Ion again. As for price, that looks about right considering all the noise about Lithium Ion, but I am somewhat perplexed that the shipping cost varies significantly for different brands of 18650s? The weight different is minimal, and the size will be the same?

I tried a couple different brands of batteries and the shopping cart lists one as $15ish to ship (Cdn dollars) and another brand is over $25. That seems strange to me.

Last edited:

Aggressor

Newly Enlightened
I hadn't noticed that we can order Lithium Ion again. As for price, that looks about right considering all the noise about Lithium Ion, but I am somewhat perplexed that the shipping cost varies significantly for different brands of 18650s? The weight different is minimal, and the size will be the same?

I tried a couple different brands of batteries and the shopping cart lists one as $15ish to ship (Cdn dollars) and another brand is over $25. That seems strange to me.

Perhaps different warehouses?

kaptain_zero

Enlightened
All these batteries were selected from the China warehouse, each package is a total of 4 cells. The AWT IMR cells were the most expensive at over C$ 40.00 + shipping + Insurance.

Insurance also varied, but I suspect this has more to do with the actual value to GearBest if they have to resend and the difference wasn't unreasonable... however, going from $12.29 to $23.58 for 4 cells of near the same weight seems rather odd to me. The weights are almost identical, and the number of grams of Lithium metal (something FedEX uses to keep packages to a limited maximum amount per package allowed), cannot vary that much in the same cell size.

Warehouse "China" ICR18650 - 28A 3.7V 18650 2800mAh Rechargeable Lithium - ion Battery - 4 pcs, shipping weight 0.23KG C$ 13.96 + Insurance

Warehouse "China" 4pcs NCR18650B 3.7V 3400mAh 18650 Rechargeable Li- ion Battery, shipping weight 0.25KG C$ 23.58 + Insurance

Warehouse "China" 2 times 2 x Original AWT 18650 Li-ion Battery (4 cells in total), shipping weight 0.26KG C$ 21.90 + Insurance

Warehouse "China" 2 times 2 x Original AWT IMR 18650 Li-ion Battery - YELLOW (4 cells in total), shipping weight 0.236 C$ 12.29 + Insurance

stephenk

Enlightened
I've found that the shipping costs to Australia seem to be fairly consistent (I tested putting a range of cells into the basket). Yes, the cost has gone up due to new shipping method (Emirates Post is I think now used for US, Canada, and Australia), but the overall costs are still a bit less than buying in Australia. It is also very useful for cells that are hard to find, or not sold in Australia (and many other countries) such as HE4 or Liitokala 26650. Given the recent issues with li-ion shipping regulations, it is good that GearBest are being proactive in obtaining new shipping methods that are hopefully sustainable for flashaholics in the long term.

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello guys,

The new battery shipping Method Emirates Post is available now. Emirates Post can ship battery to 218 countries/addresses including US/AU/UK/Canada, etc.
776297UAE.jpg

Though the Emirates Post fee is relatively expensive to some addresses, it's still an available shipping method for ordering high quality order with competitive price at GearBest.com.

To EU countries including UK, there is another new battery shipping Method Belgium Post you can choose.
18631454.jpg

Because there is no tracking number when you use Belgium Post, so expect UK, to other EU countries, we still highly recommend you use the US&EU Registered with tracking number when you order batteries.
125594USEU.jpg

In addition, for persons in Russian (Shipping method: RU Express), and members in Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand (Shipping method: SEA Express), you can still use the battery shipping method attached as before :)

Hope it's useful for you. We will keep updating if there is other new battery shipping method available. Thank you :)

GODOFWAR

Banned
I could not believe this,this is a legendary moment for me, now I will conquer the flashlights world! Custom flashlights am coming