IMR 18650 vs Regular 18650

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Of course that makes sense. I assumed each individual seller, eg. Thrunite would simply wrap their own batteries, but it would be way more efficient for the supplier to configure the batteries like you said.

That's a very good point. Really, it comes down to a $10 battery vs a $20 battery, and I'm fine with spending an extra $10 to get the official battery.

Yes, I get what you're saying. Ideally, I want to have multiple spare batteries for each flashlight, so I'll just buy a few extra when I get them. It's not like they have a best before date. XD

All of the lights I have "Turbo" mode that is super bright for a short time period. Normally I don't use this feature for any length of time, so I'm guessing the battery would supply only about 10 A regularly.

I'm going to stick with Thrunite batteries for now, but if I was to get some lower capacity like 2600-2900, is there anything you would recommend?

Yep, the battery is exactly 70 mm to the end of the button top.

Thanks for the replies!
Mark
I will admit that I'm unable to off the top of my head give you that info as I've not absorbed it. I would have to refer to others that have bought a lot of batteries for higher current lights. Most of the onus I've seen is on the batteries around 3000mah less on the 2600-2800mah range it is possible that because of interest and volume that prices on higher capacity batteries may be less than the lower capacity higher current ones. A quick google search has several batteries but as I'm not on the market buying these I'm not able to compare prices. You could try some of the CF favorite battery sales sites and see what is on the market there and the prices as of now I can only think of one that is Illumn but I think mountain electronics has some I'm sure there are a half dozen other good sites to check out if you search CPF for recommendations on 18650 batteries.

I mostly parrot others here on the site that I've read threads about topics and gleaned information that they have in the expertise on topics discovered.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stick to the big 5: Sony/Murata, Sanyo/Panasonic, LG and Samsung.

I never buy flashlight branded batteries because I never know what I'm getting.

You guys do you, however.

Chris

Marquis07

Newly Enlightened
Stick to the big 5: Sony/Murata, Sanyo/Panasonic, LG and Samsung.

I never buy flashlight branded batteries because I never know what I'm getting.

You guys do you, however.

Chris
I can faintly read samsung under the wrappers on mine, but if I get anything else, I'll get it from them. Thanks!