In search for the brightest single 18650 battery flashlight!

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
Oveready Mini Turbohead M2/XML2/DD.

image2_zps957b8578.jpeg

GrandPixel

Newly Enlightened
I too am looking for brightest single cell EDC light. I have a Fenix E35 and EagleTac D25LC2 but with XM-L T6. I would like something brighter. The TX25C2 looks good but i don't really like my EagleTac. It only worked right for a couple months, now it's always doing weird stuff. I do like that it is smaller than the Fenix lights. I was looking at the Fenix PD35 and new version of D25LC2 with XM-L2. Any other suggestions?

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am looking for brightest single cell EDC light. I have a Fenix E35 and EagleTac D25LC2 but with XM-L T6. I would like something brighter. The TX25C2 looks good but i don't really like my EagleTac. It only worked right for a couple months, now it's always doing weird stuff. I do like that it is smaller than the Fenix lights. I was looking at the Fenix PD35 and new version of D25LC2 with XM-L2. Any other suggestions?

Checking above thread I believe I can offer an accurate summary.
OP requested information on brightest 18650 flashlight.
Many predictable responses pointing out "brightest" is a poor description. Flood or throw need to be specified.

Thread finishes with you saying you also want information on the "brightest" single cell light.

Not saying you are trolling, but surely you could forgive someone for thinking you are.

doceric

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for all the comments and posts. I'm sorry for the late reply since I wasn't able to go online more frequently. I have read all the post and for a Newbie like me I'm still absorbing all the information regarding LED FL. I have read some reviews and I think I'm eyeing for the Nitecore SRT7 which has 960 Lumens and 23k+ Lux? Is that correct? I think for me that's what I'm referring to which has both the Flood and the Throw. You think this is the right choice for me? :)

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I think I'm eyeing for the Nitecore SRT...You think this is the right choice for me? :)

The SRT7 is a great light. I Have around 15 lights, and the SRT7 is definitely one of my top three. Small enough to carry all the time, tons of unique features, great user interface, looks good, and plenty bright. Hard to go wrong with this one. It is definitely more biased towards throw, but the spill is certainly enough to be useful.

Vladio

Newly Enlightened
Guys,

what is the real deal with lumens, luxes and all the jabaranks. I am looking for a possibly smallest flashlight for my wife that would go into strobe as first mode, or would have an extra button for that. So far I have found Eden TDL25 or klarus 11gt as possible ones. I really like the idea of a dedicated backbutton for strobe. Maybe if there was one on the body as well, not only on the bottom, that would be cool.

I understand basics, that lumens don't mean squat if you are having a flood light. I, otoh, am looking for possibly low spread, "laser type" :D From your experience, what others could come handy? Biggest headache for the attacker is the prio, size is 2nd parameter (18650 size light is ok, smaller is ok too even AA if they can give enough energy, but I doubt it), stamina 3rd.
My wife has been chased a few times and I want to give her the advantage should she need it again. What would you give your significant others if you couldn't be with them and were looking for something mean? Are there any diy possibilities for this?

Thanks guys,
Vladio

Last edited: