Indirect lighting for desk

Saaby

Flashaholic
CPF! Long time no post.

I just moved into a new place and I'm finally getting my desk setup. Pic:

5743860385_9b47840251.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how to light it. Ideally I'd like the desk to be awash in soft, indirect light. In the past I've done things like hang a desk-lamp from the wall with a full range CFL bulb installed, pointing towards the ceiling.

I'm thinking of doing something a little different this time and I'd love input.

I'm thinking of getting a set of these:
http://www.ledlightingkit.com/led4white.html

and mounting them pointed upwards so the light shoots into into some kind of cylindrical-reflector (Maybe a piece of PCV cut in half) and bounces down onto the desk area. I would suspend this miniature light tube above the desk.

I actually use a set of those at work, mounted to the back of displays and under a shelf unit, and I'm pretty happy with the level of light they put out.

Work setup:
5743894191_d5a63126a8.jpg

The only glitch with the work setup is that it can leave the front of my desk a little dark, but I don't think that will be a problem here since all the light will be directed towards the desk (As opposed to shooting so much onto the wall).

CKOD

Enlightened
Looks similar to the "Dioder" strips from Ikea. They have white and 7-color RGB, which I use on the back of my desk aimed up for wall flood/ceiling bounce at night. Distribution box and connectors look slightly different but pretty much the same.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Oh yeah, pretty sure they come from the same factory as the dioder strips. I've seen both in person, but not side by side, and the differences were indistinguishable to me -- other than these are $20 cheaper and these are 11 LEDs per strip, I think the dioder ones are only 9/strip.