Interested in a Titanium Rotary Run with Titanium Executive (Ra Clicky) Knurling

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's one Titanium High Noon for sale on FB HDS page[emoji41]
Just posted, hurry up!

Thanks for the heads up. Last night I purchased a HDS High Noon Rotary that will keep me at bay for now.

I will be very surprised if that seller finds a buyer for $1,600. I would make an offer but I think his asking price is just too high. My other concern is that it is an overseas transaction. If the asking price comes down a few hundred I will extend an offer.

Here is what I learned in my research. Four HDS Titanium Rotaries were sold.

1. Nichia 4500 sold for $1,140
2. 325 NLT sold for $1,400 or less - final sales price was not shared.
3. Nichia 5700 sold for unknown amount. Rumor is $1,600.
4. Nichia 5700 is currently up for sale for $1,600.

Last edited:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was hard enough to convince Henry to do the titanium Rotary run, and I managed to talk him into BeCu. There is no way he will do another titanium run unless he has a drastically new light. I know. We have talked about it.

I may need to wait for the drastically new light that is rumored to be in development.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be very surprised if that seller finds a buyer for $1,600. I would make an offer but I think his asking price is just too high. My other concern is that it is an overseas transaction. If the asking price comes down a few hundred I will extend an offer.
I think it is a bit to high at the moment. But my expectation is the prices will grow since my guess is there will be no Titanium run in the next few years.In a year or so I expect Ti Rotaries at $1600. But than the price will stuck at this point. Remember the Ti Clicky run was 10 years ago. Most of this lights are more collectibles and vanished more or less forever. The prices were at the begin ~$700 and are normally at ~$950 more or less. There was no significant grow in the Ti Clicky price...

There are ~140 Ti HDS and you do not see them often in the WTS. I think a WTB will be a better way finding the prefered light.

The Brass and Bronze HDS will be even more rare with ~24 or 42 devices. I do not expect a big grow in price, but at the end this lights will be more rare than the Titanium HDS. Even the "Poor man Titanium" HDS is more rare than the Titanium HDS. But it is always good to keep in mind rare does not always mean "high in price". The Bare Al will never grow >$500, al least I do not expect this at all.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
...my expectation is the prices will grow since my guess is there will be no Titanium run in the next few years.In a year or so I expect Ti Rotaries at $1600. But than the price will stuck at this point.

I have a little different view of the HDS Titanium Rotary. I believe that there are a few individuals that want to purchase them badly. Those people will likely pay up to $1,500. After those people get their lights the demand for the lights will lower and the price of the lights will lower to $1,000 to $1,200. That is still a good price and demonstrates that the light will hold its value.

I believe the price of the Titanium Ra Clicky (made circa 2009) went up over time from $600 to $800 because the cost to make a new Titanium light increased over those 11 years.

I also predict that in two years from now (Year 2022), Henry will come out with a "drastically new light" which will keep the older lights at their current values.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing i can predict is that shipping outside US will be the same 100$ without tax [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That's the thing Henry needs to improve ASAP!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! I have no secret FB group! LOL! I run the official HDS FB page and HDS Instagram dohicky thing, but that's it. The other HDS FB page is not set up or modded by me... I have enough to do! LOL!

on another note, perhaps due to divine intervention, I grew up next to a machinist and gunsmith. Often times people would come by and ask him what something was worth… And he always had the same answer… "What someone will pay you for it".

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also predict that in two years from now (Year 2022), Henry will come out with a "drastically new light" which will keep the older lights at their current values.
That will be true. The only question is will it be Hogo 2 years, Henry 2 years, ....:grin2: But we are all waiting for a new HDS. I am hoping for a AA light with all of the Rotary functionality, or at least the Clicky functionality.

But I think the prices for the Ti Rotary will go to a higher value in the ~$1600 more or less. You are right there are at the moment a few people seeking for this light. But I am sure in a year or so other people find out how cool a rotary is, and seeking the old theads and .... wooowwww ... :eek:oo::eek:oo::eek:oo::eek:oo: .... finding all our cool pictures of the Ti Rotaries. I think there will be always a small demand. It is more the question on how much Ti Rotaries are available (means people that want to sell the own Ti Rotary).
For example in 2019 there were not a lot Ti Clickies available anymore. Two years earlier there were one in a while a few. But I may be wrong, ...

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you with a HDS titanium rotary, how does it feel in the hand compared to the aluminum Rotary? Is it significantly heavier, does it feel more robust/solid?

When you hold it in your hand does it feel more substantial compared to the HDS aluminum rotary?

(Yes, I am considering the purchase).

JKolmo

Enlightened
My impressions: it's a tiny tad heavier so a bit less "flimsy" than its alu siblings - I guess that is equal to your "more robust". Can in some angles be a bit sharp at the end parts of the knurling. Still a nicer more "direct" feeling to hold than anodized alu (if that makes any sense). Overall gives me an even higher quality feeling than the alu lights.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you with a HDS titanium rotary, how does it feel in the hand compared to the aluminum Rotary? Is it significantly heavier, does it feel more robust/solid?

The Bare Al is really a light weight. I noticed it really that my Ti Rotary is heavier. I was only holing one of this two Lights in both of my Hands, than exchanging the Lights in my Hands and than I was sure, Ti is heavier. A compare with a regular aluminium HDS I have the feeling it is the same in weight due to the SS bezel on regular lights.

When you hold it in your hand does it feel more substantial compared to the HDS aluminum rotary?
The good Thing with the Titanium Rotary it is …. wooooow …. a really perfect Rotary. It is not my EDC, but sometimes if there is something Special, than I have my Ti Rotary with me. The Ti Rotary is for me the "perfect" Rotary. It is difficuilt to describe. It Looks really great since there is no HA, only bare metal. That is the great with all of the Special Metal Rotaries. For me the Ti Rotary is definately the #1 Rotary.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far, Ti and al-bronze rotaries were my favorite. The pics seen do not do these lights justice compared to having them in your hand.

The Ti is slightly heavier but still light. You wouldn't notice a difference if you carried a Ti by itself. If you have the coin and like Ti, then it's worth it. If you rather buy 3 different aluminum for the same price, then it's not worth it.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haaah, and I have one of them[emoji3]! I just had to put that out. NFS BTW...

618ca99f1972f99d5dac797b44c7b0e4.jpg
I would want one with a 90plus cri emitter and preferably a 18650 battery tube option.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are 80 Ti Rotaries existing and ~100 Ti Clickies. You only need Patience and you may habe luck getting one after some search.

Like @jon_slider already mentioned, there are no 18650 Ti tubes. There was the idea on maming 18650 Ti Rotary tubes, but it never went to a real Project because of the high price and limited number of interested people...

I would bot expect a 3rd titanium run in the next few years. The prices would be high and the interest is not that high.--