Interesting conversation with a cop the other day...

eggsalad

Enlightened
Dealerships around here are installing them pre-delivery as a dealer-installed option. I spoke to one service writer about that and told him that it renders the vehicle non-compliant, ergo illegal to sell. He shrugged his shoulders.

Hah! I've had car salespeople tell me 3rd brake light pulsers are *required* by law. I left immediately.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I've had car salespeople tell me 3rd brake light pulsers are *required* by law. I left immediately.

Cripes! is there anything they won't say? Reminds me of two things:

1. Salespeople trying to push me into a car they wanted to sell instead of what I wanted to buy. On two occasions several years and states apart, they made a full-court press to get me to scratch the optional Xenon headlights off my list and take a car with the base halogens. Both of them tried the same ploy: "You can get an HID kit." When I responded in the obvious way (illegal, unsafe, potential for damage to the car not covered by the warranty, etc) they doubled down: "It'll look the same, it'll have that bright blue-white look, nobody buys the factory Xenons because they're a ripoff when you can get the same thing for $30 on Amazon or Ebay". One of them even said "It's legal here in New York".

2. This scene from "Fargo".