Internal Resistance of Ebay 30Q Button Tops on Opus 3100?

HKJ

Flashaholic
Re: Interrnal Resistance of Ebay 30Q Button Tops on Opus 3100?

Iirc HKJ got reasonably accurate repeatable readings for Li-ion IR tests on the BT-C3100. I don't recall if he mentioned that he too squeezed the terminals in these tests. HKJ?

The first row in my test is just putting the battery in 5 times without any squeezing.

Nev

Banned
Interrnal Resistance of Ebay 30Q Button Tops on Opus 3100?

Have you managed to record a discharge curve to computer on the sky rc 3000, and have your posts or fan broke, or any other issues?

I have it incoming and of course only after ordering did I discover all the issues buried in the 5000 page thread.

The complexity I can figure out. But I don't want to have to physically mod my $90 charger/analyzer :/ I just want it to work. And i bought it mainly for the PC connectivity.

I'm not into the computer stuff ,I've only used it a handful of times but I like the Bluetooth option with the graphs.
I havnt had issues with fan or posts ,I got mine after the redesign of faulty posts.
I mainly use the opus 3100 for charging on a daily basis.
I think I need to pack the opus away so it will force me to start using the skyrc
It seems complicated but I'm sure it will get easier once I've started using it for a while.

Last edited:

joelbnyc

Enlightened
Re: Interrnal Resistance of Ebay 30Q Button Tops on Opus 3100?

Can anyone with an Opus 3100 do an IR Quick Test on some charged button top Samsung 30Qs from mtn or liion, to give me something to compare to my eBay button 30Q's?

I don't think the BCT-3100 IR is especially imprecise- it seems consistent, whether or not elevated by 30.
I got mine after the redesign of faulty posts.
I hadn't found the needle in the haystack of that huge MC3000 thread specifying that I needed to look for FW1.10+, so I wound up with the faulty post pre-FW 1.10 model. Have to RMA.

Last edited:

joelbnyc

Enlightened
Just an update, these eBay 30Q's are definitely fake or bad.

They can't maintain turbo S at all in the X7. The 10A LG MJ1s maintain it just fine.

Was worth a shot.

Nev

Banned
I charged one of my 30Q's (from bangood) last night and I did 3 quick tests on it and the internal resistance was 48, 49,&50

joelbnyc

Enlightened
Thank you Nev

At least the seller sent a prompt return shipping label. Lesson learned.

Liion has button top 30Q's back in stock, and mtn has the button VTC6's.

I ordered four button 30Q's from banggood too, good to knew they are reliable.

Last edited:

Nev

Banned
I charged a 30Q on the skyrc last night , it said the ir was 37.

Capolini

Banned
Just an update, these eBay 30Q's are definitely fake or bad.

They can't maintain turbo S at all in the X7. The 10A LG MJ1s maintain it just fine.

Was worth a shot.

That is why I ALWAYS buy from my Hometown dealer[Liionwholesale 1.5 miles away]!! Always authentic and rarely can his prices be beat, especially for me when there is NO SHIPPING!

He just got a new batch in a few days ago. $5.09 for 30Q BT.:thumbsup: