Introducing "Draco" - - - PART 2

Psychomodo

Enlightened
ScarabDrowner said:
I don't think that's a screw hole... at least, on mine, it's not threaded. It's just a hole into which I hope to be able to epoxy a small tritium insert (anybody have info on the size of the hole, so I know what size tritium to look for? thanks). There is, however, a splitring attached through one of the three "arms" on the base of the draco if that helps.

Thanks - that is what I wanted to know. I'll just thread a split ring through that hole. Cheers!

malcontent

Newly Enlightened
modamag said:
Guys here are the upgrade cost for XRE.
2. Titanium XRE Plugin ... $110
- includes LE body, oring, v2 converter, modified reflector, premium Cree XRE

Sorry for being a little dense, but with this option, do you just unscrew the Lux version and screw on the Cree version? A simple swap out?

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
*** Production Update ***
I finished couple dozens of Ti LE and several chrome one. I finished off the XRE LE first because it's much longer to assemble. I was also able to machine all of the reflectors from McR-17-XR to McR-11-XR, some turning / cutoff and facing resulting in a major reflector diet.

dracolefv0.jpg

2dracoreflectorqc5.jpg

And now the bad news. The laser engraving shopped promised to have all the serials (~40x of them) done by Friday 12/22. Well I went there and they apologize for not having it done due to the short staff & extra work load during the holiday season so we'll just have to wait for another week. Similar thing happen at the coating shop. I went there and my car was the only one in the parking lot (@ 1:30PM), it seems like they decided to head off early even though they promised to have my stuff done on that day :(

I'll be out of town next week so when I get back, I'll catch up with these guys and hopefully start the New Year right.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can these batteries be charged by a 123 Nano charger?

vortechs

Enlightened
dammitjim said:
Can these batteries be charged by a 123 Nano charger?

The 180mAh 10280-size Li-Ion cell can be charged on the Nano 123 charger or the Nano AAA charger, however you'll need a spacer with either one. See post #2 of AW's battery sales thread for charger/cell compatibility: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140362 . I'd recommend just getting the charger and spacer from modamag, for simplicity.

faca

Newly Enlightened
hi.
Questions about XR Cree version.
Flashligth Pics (dimensions same as normal version?)
Ligth spot pics.
Specs
Thanks
I´m thinking a lot about this ligth........................:awman:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
faca,

The body are the same as the normal version.
The complete spec and comparison is also in the first post.

Just in case here's the size comparison picture
group015sm.jpg

Left - McLuxPD / Arc4+ / FF2-CR123 / FF2-CR2 / ArcLS / Exolion / Draco / Draco Lanyardless / Orb-Raw / KI / KI-B / Fenix L0P / Fenix L1P - Right

Beamshot comparison of both the Draco Luxeon & XRE version can be seen on "The Rocket" thread

Last edited:

rscanady

Enlightened
okay dumb question here, I looked through the numerous threads and must have missed it.

Is the Ti Draco Rocket on a different Flupic version than that of the Chromie Luxeon based model. they definitely operate different.

Ryan

MY

Enlightened
I would also be interested in a Ti with Cree if available. I have not followed this thread so if someone could explain to me the purchasing process and availability I would appreciate it.

Regards.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arrgh. Ack.

Fixed the link to Order Info.

I see you are in now. Do you have 10280 Li-Ion batteries?

That member, goldserve, helping you...he's the brains behind the FluPIC. Pretty cool eh?

aikiman44

Enlightened
I've updated the order to include the batteries/charger/spacer.
You guys are great.
And I'm a very sick man: I've gone from collecting tiki mugs to knives to...flashlights? Where does it all end?
I mean, the normopaths just don't understand!
One more technical question: What exactly is the FluPIC?

vortechs

Enlightened
aikiman44 said:
One more technical question: What exactly is the FluPIC?

There is a good introduction to the FLuPIC in my JIL info post. I believe the JIL-CR2 was the first light that included the FLuPIC as a factory mod (the JIL "Intelli" model). The FLuPIC has become more common since then and modamag decided to use it as the driver for his excellent Draco, which is quite a bit smaller than the JIL-CR2.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
vortech's description is excellent.

FluPIC uses PWM or pulse width modulation to control brightness.

The setting below "Burst" is "User Set". You'll be able to access the fifth area which is "Brightness Set" and set "User Set" to one of 10 different brightness levels. I'm stuck on 7 for now because it's 60 lumens and doesn't get very hot. Level 10 looks like close to 120 lumens to me.

Checkout lightrod's excellent review with graphic representations showing his measured findings.

This thing is tiny. Check out 4Seven's excellent pictures of his chrome Draco.

Latest posts