• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Introducing FLuPIC V2.1 firmware! Updated 8/4/2005

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
omg... you soldered the components with hand.... are ya god?? no kidding, those soldering looks as if made by machine! unless you are a cyborg!

anyway, i don't think i have any flux nor my father...nor my cousin!! but maybe i will tell my father to help me ,so that if that thing is spoil , he will take the blame hehe
nah actually, he is an engineer so i can trust him in soldering :) maybe some how i am gonna destory a coin to make it into a head sink ^_^

maybe by "borrowing"(as in i give him the coin) the bench drill from my cousin

then thermal goop/thingy/compound/watever the heat sink and flupic to it.

then stick the r/o led on top, and let it harden and dry..then finally, solder the wires to the luxeon and fire!(literilly fire is reddish orange ehehe)

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i can't resist the temptation to use the board! so right after school after i ate, i soldered wires to the board. somehow it was the - side which didn't make my soldering look good :p

and so, i attach/wire/stick it to the lame led that came with the light i bought. welll...EFFING AWESOME! i manage to do all the stuff i want with it and choose mode four as my choice as it suits me becoz all the modes are there.

now i shall wait for the 14 october to get the r/o luxeon.*hint*coz it is near my birthday!*hint*

goldserve your flupic board is a present to me for my birthday :) how about the other people*hint*lux 1 or 3*hint*a glass lens of 22.6mm(2mm thick)*hint*and a copper round with dia 24mm *hint*

ADD In: do i need to heat sink the board too?

Last edited:

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
you shoudln't need any special heat sinking but if you make a sandwhich and decide to exopy everything with thermal epoxy, all the better! =P

sflate

Enlightened
I'd be interested in 1 or 2 if I you could use 2 x TPS73601 LDO regulators like yours!! Any size would do (.6 or sammie)

Panzergrennie

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

that sounds really interesting to me.

Is there a complete drop in unit available for the jil lights (i have the standart 1,3 W up)?

If so, how much would you charge therefore (incl. shipping to germany)?

Greetings,

Bernd

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Nuwai (ALX252??) that I had bored out to accept 18650 Li ions. I received the FLuPIC yesterday in the mail so I made a new blank circuit card. I put one of the old Q3 switches in there with a FLuPIC and a 3 Watt K-bin emitter. Full description of the mod found here.

Works like a charm. It took me a little while to figure out the interface, but once that part was over, configuring it is quite easy.

I also made a one-page colour-coded cheat sheet for the various modes.

Paul

Last edited:

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa....what a mod!!

Very nice diagram as well. Maybe you'll help a few that still don't get the UI =P

YOU :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got two few colours of K2 samples to play with. I put one in with the FLuPIC and it was running very very dim. I measured the current and on burst mode, it was only getting 100ma. Still that 100ma is brighter than the luxIII at 100ma. I suspect that the voltage of the K2 is too high. I will have to find a host to use 2 x CR123s and the FLuPIC. Cheers!

Ned-L

Enlightened
Goldserve,

I just received my JIL Intelli. In trying to figure out the different modes, I no longer have any idea what mode it is in or how it is set. Is there a way to get it back to the way it was before I apparently reprogrammed it? I understand the concept of the different modes and settings, but I must be missing some of the basics of how to cycle through the settings and know where I am at. Do you have a post the explains the basics?

Thanks,

Ned

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
You turn on, off to change modes. If you turn on for more than 1.2s, then it will always start back up on first the first state.

As to find out which user mode you are in, you will have to try to match what you are seeing to the chart. I can tell you defualt mode is User Mode 2.

Enjoy!

dealer

Newly Enlightened
Goldserve are you going to look at the Fenix P1 for you FLuPIC? I think they would be a good match. I would take one.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, all 0.6" boards are sold out. I don't see a huge demand for me to do another run of those. I have two fenixes modded with the flupic board and it's great!!

FirstDsent

Enlightened
Goldserve,

FYI: I have an Amilite Neo T3. my calipers only measure in inches, but the Amilite board is .790" Dia. It doesn't fit inside the can, but overlays it. I don't know what the can is like under the board, and I'm not going to unsolder my LE to find out. I'm not ready to mod this one yet, but when I clear a few other projects I'll take a shot in the dark that the .550" board will fit.

Bernie

FirstDsent

Enlightened
Goldserve,

What is the maximum drive current programmable for "high"? Can I set it to 1000mA or higher? Or is this territory only available for "burst"?

Thanks,

Bernie

FirstDsent

Enlightened
Goldserve,

My host uses the Al heat sink to ground the emitter to the flashlight body instead of a neutral wire. The neg pad on the star is soldered to a tab from one of the mounting screws. Do I have to ground the board to the inside of my can to make it work? If so, do you recommend a preferred way to do it?

Should I just drill another hole and use a wire instead? Or is there an easier way to do it?

Bernie