is is still not allowed to talk about maryjuanna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
since more and more states made it legal and the feds about to do the same. it far safer then drinking lol no one ever smokes weed and gets ina fight with the cops

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
mpolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true.gif

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting swing here - especially the religious photo.

What was it that was the ONLY thing in the garden that couldn't be EATEN?
People assume apple, but the Bible just says fruit. Then it says Adam and Eve sewed fig leaves together to cover themselves. Might have been a fig, not an apple. The truth is we don't really know what they ate. Titus Chapter 2 of the Bible tells us to be sober or sober minded.

Titus 2:1-6 (KJV): "But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
The aged women likewise, that they in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded."

Do what you want if it's legal, but don't say there are no moral issues with it because there are. The Bible says we should be sober minded. You can't do that if you're high.

Do what you want if it's legal, but don't say there are no moral issues with it because there are. The Bible says we should be sober minded. You can't do that if you're high.

I'm able to have a drink or two and still function. However, way back when - 20 plus years ago - one toke and it was couch time and TV. Point being, I'm able to have a drink but still be sober. I don't have that ability smoking. A friend and I referred to it as an instant holiday.

Still, if one doesn't abuse either to the point of being baked, are either immoral?

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm able to have a drink or two and still function. However, way back when - 20 plus years ago - one toke and it was couch time and TV. Point being, I'm able to have a drink but still be sober. I don't have that ability smoking. A friend and I referred to it as an instant holiday.

Still, if one doesn't abuse either to the point of being baked, are either immoral?
So you're asking if it's wrong to give into temptation just a little bit because you think you can control yourself?
I know a lot of people in drug recovery programs who thought the exact same thing. Just because something is made legal doesn't mean it's safe, moral, or good for you. Otherwise everyone would be out gambling away their paychecks, drinking, and smoking until they died or became poor and homeless. Do I think you'll go to hell if you smoke a joint or drink alcohol? Not a chance. These types of things just are not good for you and if you get addicted and do something stupid that will hurt yourself or others, you're going to regret decisions you made leading you to that point. You're an adult. Hopefully you can weigh the pros and cons and figure out for yourself what you want to do.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
People assume apple, but the Bible just says fruit.
No.

In Genesis 1:29, "God" says that any herb that produces seed and any tree that produces seed can be eaten from. (Italics mine)
In Genesis 2:7, "God" now states that any tree can be eaten from, but now, not from the ToKG&E. (Italics mine)

What tree does not produce seed to continue on? Further, what herb does not produce seed?

I'd posit that a truthful and honest read of these passages would lead anyone to the logical conclusion that using weed as we know it is not unbiblical. Rather, it is the false interpretation that leads some, if not most, religious folks to be against it.

So you're asking if it's wrong to give into temptation just a little bit because you think you can control yourself?
No, I didn't ask that question.

I know a lot of people in drug recovery programs who thought the exact same thing.
Your reply leads me to think you didn't understand my thinking and you totally missed my point.

Just because something is made legal doesn't mean it's safe, moral, or good for you.
Agreed.

Otherwise everyone would be out gambling away their paychecks, drinking, and smoking until they died or became poor and homeless.
No, everyone would not.

Do I think you'll go to hell if you smoke a joint or drink alcohol? Not a chance. These types of things just are not good for you and if you get addicted and do something stupid that will hurt yourself or others, you're going to regret decisions you made leading you to that point. You're an adult. Hopefully you can weigh the pros and cons and figure out for yourself what you want to do.
Yes, hopefully.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
in my youger days i worked in a busy busy bar in the not best hood. alcohol is the worst drug i have ever seen.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
good point chauncey thank god ive never seen them drugs well that i know of. they did presrbie me opioids when i was injured last year i was to afraid to take them after a few days and they didnt even work for pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts