Is Klarus quality better than FourSevens ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
There are quite a number of OT posts here, please keep in mind post # 1 by SixCats in this thread:

I'm in the market for yet another Flashlight. This time around, I'd like to buy a single cell Clicky. I'm leaning towards a one cell CR123. I was kinda "hot to trot" for the Quark but, after close inspection of my two cell (AA) Klarus ST-20, I'm thinking that perhaps maybe I should just stick with the Klarus line (the NT-10 if I can find one) as the build quality is top shelf. So, what say ye ol' CPF members ? Should I branch out and try something different (i.e. the Quark) or should I just stick with the Klarus line ? I should mention I have never /seen/inspected a Quark (in person) so I can't speak to it's quality. I must admit, I do like the fact that the Quark has a low low (Moonlight mode) which is lower than the Klarus as well as the fact that the Quark can be Lego'ed. The Quark's price is attractive as well. I dunno, I like the UI on the Klarus with it's two switches. I'm unsure about Quarks UI. Should I just flip a coin?

In a roundabout way, I do feel as though the OP's question has been answered here.

Please feel free to take the current conversation to the Underground.
Otherwise, this thread will need to be closed.

Thank you,
Kestrel

SixCats!

Enlightened
I don't understand what you're saying.
[slightly irritatedly and with exaggeratedly clear accent] One of the cross beams has gone out askew on the treadle.
Well what on earth does that mean?
*I* don't know - Mr Wentworth just told me to come in here and say that there was trouble at the mill, that's all - I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.

NOOOOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi Rep,

LOL, sorry to have confused you. He, is me (SixCats!). The words "I don't understand what you're saying" is part of the Monty Python (Spanish Inquisition script) spoken by woman who sets Chapman up for the next line, "I don't know".....etc.

Chapman: Trouble at mill.
Cleveland: Oh no - what kind of trouble?
Chapman: One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treadle.
Cleveland: Pardon?
Chapman: One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treadle.
Cleveland: I don't understand what you're saying.
Chapman: [slightly irritatedly and with exaggeratedly clear accent] One of the cross beams has gone out askew on the treadle.
Cleveland: Well what on earth does that mean?
Chapman: *I* don't know - Mr Wentworth just told me to come in here and say that there was trouble at the mill, that's all - I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.

[JARRING CHORD]

[The door flies open and Cardinal Ximinez of Spain [Palin] enters, flanked by two junior cardinals. Cardinal Biggles [Jones] has goggles pushed over his forehead. Cardinal Fang [Gilliam] is just Cardinal Fang]
Ximinez: NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....etc. etc. etc.

srfreddy

Enlightened
Back on topic... the only 4sevens product I've had, a charger, had to get replaced 3 times-the first three were faulty, and each ruined one 18650 battery through overcharging.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back on topic... the only 4sevens product I've had, a charger, had to get replaced 3 times-the first three were faulty, and each ruined one 18650 battery through overcharging.
I seem to recall the 4Sevens chargers being recalled because of a fault.

I've owned four 4Sevens lights over the years -- a Quark AA, two Quark Mini AAs, and a Preon ReVO (my current back-up light) -- and my experience with them has been generally excellent, not only with the quality of the products, which I've found to be exceptional, but also their customer service which has always been quick to respond and has gone above and beyond to resolve my problems.

srfreddy

Enlightened
I seem to recall the 4Sevens chargers being recalled because of a fault.

I've owned four 4Sevens lights over the years -- a Quark AA, two Quark Mini AAs, and a Preon ReVO (my current back-up light) -- and my experience with them has been generally excellent, not only with the quality of the products, which I've found to be exceptional, but also their customer service which has always been quick to respond and has gone above and beyond to resolve my problems.

Yes, their CS was quite nice, but after the recall, the replacement charger was faulty, the next one was faulty as well.... Makes a guy nervous.

baexmeyer

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday I suffered my first and only flashlight failure. It was a 4Sevens Quark Mini. I have orderd 6 of them and given them away as gifts. Everyone including myself have noticed thread issues with the Quark Mini as well as the light turning on with the touch on the head. These are from people who are not flashlight people, but they all noticed quality issues.

I do not have any Klarus lights, but I do have a couple dozen lights from Surefire, Dereelight, Sunwayman, Fenix and 4Sevens. The 4Sevens are not the only ones with certain quality issues but the quality issues seem to be consistent in them.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like you're not opening the head enough to fully break the connection.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like you're not opening the head enough to fully break the connection.

+1. Backing off a hair from a tight bezel position, and applying sideways pressure to the head is actually a great way to use a reverse clicky Quark as momentary/signaling light. And on the Mini, it's a great way to quickly cycle through the modes to get to the strobes.

I find it to be a "feature." ;-)

baexmeyer

Newly Enlightened

I understand the premise to this. This should not be the case. If you can wiggle the head to get the light to turn on, then there is an issue with the light. I cannot turn my car on after is has been turned of by wiggling the keys. I simply think that if I have been told this by 5 of my friends, then 4sevens has been told this by quite a few more people. I just think that they have had multiple opportunities to address this, but instead have chosen to call it a "feature".

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand the premise to this. This should not be the case. If you can wiggle the head to get the light to turn on, then there is an issue with the light. I cannot turn my car on after is has been turned of by wiggling the keys. I simply think that if I have been told this by 5 of my friends, then 4sevens has been told this by quite a few more people. I just think that they have had multiple opportunities to address this, but instead have chosen to call it a "feature".

dunno bout you but my car starts by wiggling the keys in a certain direction. clockwise a believe

a clicky is recommended for people who don't understand the limitations of a twisty, thus have false expections about them and start making funny analogies with car ignition switches LOL

baexmeyer

Newly Enlightened
dunno bout you but my car starts by wiggling the keys in a certain direction. clockwise a believe

a clicky is recommended for people who don't understand the limitations of a twisty, thus have false expections about them and start making funny analogies with car ignition switches LOL

Thank you for making my point. ;-)

1c3d0g

Newly Enlightened
Is Klarus quality better than FourSevens?

Hell yes! :devil: I've had an awful experience with FourSevens a few years ago and lost about $150. Never again. If you like to get ripped off, go right ahead with FourSevens.

For me: Klarus > FourSevens.

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
My gut feeling is that most people will say Klarus > FourSevens in terms of quality/fit/finish, but that FourSevens >>> Klarus in terms of customer service and standing behind their product.

Personally I prefer Fenix to either one, but if I were to chose between the two I'd go with FourSevens every time.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
I don't own anything from foursevens so I can't really comment on its quality. I do, however, have two lights from Klarus.

Quality is top notch and I've used them to look for my son's toys in the pool floor. No problems at all. No water coming in either the xt11 or the xt2c. Dropped them a couple of times too, even used the xt11's bezel to crack a tube ice. Still works flawlessly.

To sum it up, I totally love my Klarus lights. Build quality is right up there. Not to mention the unbeatable ui. Looking to buy the xt1c next. :thumbup:

P.S.: There's something about twisties that I don't like :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.