***Is the Maha Powerex C401FS Charger the Best ???

Bones

Enlightened

Bones

Enlightened

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ***Is the Maha Powerex C401FS Charger the Best

Yes C401FS is very good until MH-C9000 comes along... :D

I don't have many 'advance' cells such as 2700mAh cells so I don't know how well the 401 works.

I have many 1700mAh to 2300mAh cells. The 401FS terminates properly when slow charging. During fast charge the cells gets terribly hot, also terminates properly. I recommend a nice big fan over the top of charging cells to reduce the cooking temperature.

Zenster

Enlightened
Staying on the Maha theme (but noting that this thread began 3 years ago), Maha has some pretty impressive new chargers available.

I'm greatly impressed with the specs of the MH-C9000 and have just ordered one yesterday.
From the description:
"The MH-C9000 is capable of charging, conditioning, analyzing, cycling, forming and discharging one to four AA or AAA batteries, all while digitally displaying the battery capacity and voltage. All four slots can be operated independently in different modes and settings. A total of five modes are available."

Plus, you can get a 12-volt adapter so it can used in your car (which I ordered also).

http://thomasdistributing.com/shop/...ml?SP_id=42&osCsid=06r0le5ic8l4klftqar7pg8nc3

Hollow Man

Newly Enlightened
I posted my experiences with the 401FS in the thread Bones referred to. So if you want the full scoop, read it here. But in a nutshell, I own the C401FS, and agree that it works very well. I use it primarily on slow, and it hasn't missed a termination on me yet, even with my PowerEx 2700 mAh.

-HM

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I was wondering if the C401FS has been improved over the past two years? The other question is, while Tom's Charger Comparison thread does does some erratic performance at the high setting using Titanium 2400's, does this hold true for other brands of batteries, in particular the Eneloop's or other low discharge AA batteries?

Bill