Is There a Rechargeable Larger Single Cell That will work in my LensLight 2x Stinger?

Bertrand

Newly Enlightened
I've been running 2xRCR123's in my Lenslight Stinger, but was wondering if I could use a single larger rechargeable cell? 18650's are to big, so I was thinking 17650 or 17500's. Works fine off the 2xRCR123's, just prfer to use single cells when possible with rechargeables.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many volts is the lamp rated for? You may need 2 cells to get the required voltage. Didn't some of those lights come with a rechargeable battery stick? First check the lamp voltage, then look for a battery. I see nothing wrong with running 2 quality RCRs in the light. A 17670 would probably fit, but the voltage may be too low.

Bertrand

Newly Enlightened
HotWire I picked up some 17670's (AW 3.7V 1600mAh) and they almost sorta worked. Let me explain. The first night I ran one, the light seemed to be working good. Only got about 15 to 20 minutes of run-time before she wouldn't go into high mode. Even after switching in full batteries she didn't want to go on high. I took the batteries out and the next morning when I woke she was working fine again, so I gave her another shot with the 17670 cell. This time I was more scientific and actually timed the usage. After a little over an hour of running pretty close to what looked like the standard high output she tapered off for another hour before I switched in a fresh 17670 cell. This time she did the same thing as she had done the first time. I'd not exactly an electrician so I have no idea whats going on. For now I'm just going to use 2xRCR123's.

Latest posts