Is this flashlight any good?

RCRVRP

Newly Enlightened
I took a chance and ordered it from TEMU. It might be Chinese junk or maybe not.
I won't get it for a week or so. Just wondering if anyone else has used one like it and what your experience was.
Thanks, RCRVRP

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still surprised a company that sells the kind of stuff guys used to hawk out of their jackets on the NYC subway managed to buy Super Bowl ads. I know people IRL who buy things from Temu, it turns out to be trash, and they buy more because they think next time it'll be different. Why yes, I'm sure the $7 toaster oven will be excellent quality.

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
1713802633955.png

1713802838964.png

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm still surprised a company that sells the kind of stuff guys used to hawk out of their jackets on the NYC subway managed to buy Super Bowl ads. I know people IRL who buy things from Temu, it turns out to be trash, and they buy more because they think next time it'll be different. Why yes, I'm sure the $7 toaster oven will be excellent quality.
You should see the sheer MASS of popular YouTube channels TEMU sponsors, along with the Ads. they run on YT itself. Apparently the best way to become a Billionaire is to sell cheap, defective, garbage at very low prices to the masses.... Heck, even Wal-Mart sometimes sells quality goods.

RCRVRP

Newly Enlightened
I'll post a report when I get it. 90 days to return it free so I'm not too worried.
I've had good luck with most things I've bought on Temu but they are mostly things that are not electrical or complicated. Things like a kitchen whisk or water bottle.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I got hit on the shoulder with one of those things, it broke in half. I just looked at the guy and said "Run!"
The bruise only lasted a few days so it must be a very low quality light:crackup:
So apparently the impact resistance is less than 1 meter. 😁

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Cheap has always sold. Thing is, in grand-pa's time, what was considered cheap junk is now good quality by today's standard of what is considered cheap junk. Back then, kids could get tiny pocket-knives out of gum-ball style vending machines. The blades were cheap junk but they were real metal that could be sharpened up and cut string or paper. .

jacobd

Newly Enlightened
I'll post a report when I get it. 90 days to return it free so I'm not too worried.
I've had good luck with most things I've bought on Temu but they are mostly things that are not electrical or complicated. Things like a kitchen whisk or water bottle.
If the water bottle is metal please be sure to lead test it. A LOT of Aliexpress/Temu/Wish style metal products have been found to have large amounts of lead content. This includes jewelry, water bottles, cutlery etc.