Issue with Intellicharger I4 V2

RogaDanar

Newly Enlightened
I have had the Intellicharger for a few months and it has worked well up until now. Tonight I threw 4 Callie's Kustoms 3400mah 18650's in from my Tiny Monster to charge and less than 30 seconds later I noticed the third bay was reading full, all three lights on solid, while the rest were solid on one and flashing on the other two. I pulled the battery and it read 4.08v which is obviously not fully charged as I have noted that the charger would terminate at 4.18 with most batteries. I tested the other batteries in the charger and they all read 4.08v as well. I tried placing a different battery in that bay but it quickly read full as well and still read 4.08v on my multimeter. Is this a known problem with these units? Anything I can do to try and fix it?

Floating Spots

Enlightened
I had some false full charges on mine.

For mine, I opened it up, fixed the crappy soldering on the springs (both ends) and lubed the sliders.
The spring is the actual conductor for the negative terminal.
Mine has worked since, but I don't know what item fixed it.

cyclesport

Enlightened
Had something similar happen last July with one of the V2's where all 3 segments in all bays started flashing randomly, and another of the same units AC connector port failed. Both were replaced and I have had no further problems with either in the last 6mos. of heavy use on a wide variety of Li-ion & NiMH batts. I even posted about it at the time to see if any others had similar problems and never heard anything...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Sysmax-Nitecore-Jetbeam-i4-Intellicharger-V2

I ultimately attributed it to possible early models I might have bought with "new product launch" syndrome. :shrug:

RogaDanar

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies, I honestly wasn't expecting any, at least not so quickly. I will take it apart and see if anything is obviously out of place.
I ordered another I4 and will probably just leave this current one in my car as I rarely have to charge more than 2 18650's when in my vehicle.

Thanks again guys.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had some false full charges on mine.

For mine, I opened it up, fixed the crappy soldering on the springs (both ends) and lubed the sliders.
The spring is the actual conductor for the negative terminal.
Mine has worked since, but I don't know what item fixed it.

Hi, I have some issues with my charger as well, before I receive a responce from the seller, can you point me how to open it?

This is my thread;

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/353929

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hi, I have some issues with my charger as well, before I receive a responce from the seller, can you point me how to open it?

I have not tried to open it, but the first place I would look for screws is under the feets (Under labels and rubber feets are the typical hiding places for screws).

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry mate but if you are having problems even opening the v4, i would not be attempting a repair, i would get a replacment.

John.

I am very good fixing electronic stuff, open it is not a problem for me, I just want to be sure, I dont want to mark the plastic open it, I think that the charger dosent have screws...

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

Last edited:

legtu

Enlightened
just like what hkj mentioned, if you can't find any screws in plain sight, try to pry off the rubber feet(s) and label/sticker. if there's no screws under there, it might either be welded or locked with tabs.