Jetbeam Jet 3M Pro - 2014 (XP-L, 1x18650, 2x(R)CR123A) Review

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Am I reading your chart correctly that with 2xRCR123 you are getting approximately 115% brightness of 1x18650 for a minute or two?

andrew2

Newly Enlightened
Love this Jetbeam flashlight,awesome 1100 lumens and the moonlight mode,1 lumen will be useful,but the 1100 lumens can only last 0.6 hours,not enought,any how,looks very good

wojtek_pl

Enlightened
Thank you for the review. I have two Jet III M (210 Lumens, ca. 400 Lumens) and I'm seriously considering a third one - 1000 Lumens :D. I really like the quality and user interface experience...

thagbert

Newly Enlightened
Excellent review candle lamp.

A very nice looking light. Plan to buy. This will be my first high output light. I'm looking forward to it.

Although the clam-shell packing seems a little cheesy.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your support. thagbert! :)

Good to know you like it. The clear packing plastic is good quality. You just need to cut open it to access the interior.

Welcome to CPF! :welcome:

Excellent review candle lamp.

A very nice looking light. Plan to buy. This will be my first high output light. I'm looking forward to it.

Although the clam-shell packing seems a little cheesy.

Wellgate

Newly Enlightened
My 3M is in the post. I have a Jetbeam PC10, and a Ws4 searchlight (name?). Both excellent, but I had a recent bad experience when I ordered a defective M1X. I really like the Jetbeam styling, colour finish and beam tint, but the head twist UI and the spongy clicky annoys me intensely. It raises maybe unfounded doubts about overall ruggedness.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had the 3M Pro a couple of months now and am still loving it! Still running off a pair of 16340's the beam is still outstanding. The light has performed flawlessly so far and there still isnt a scratch on the anodization after EDCing the light. I am disappointed however that I cannot find the colored filters that screw into the bezel that Jetbeam advertises for the light. Still the 3M Pro has been the best $68 I have spent on a light in a very long time.

sshark

Newly Enlightened
Is this torch good to use for night diving? Or do you have any other brand to recommend?

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! sshark, :welcome:

I don't think it's good for diving light. You'd better look for the diving lights from Xtar, Fenix. etc.

Is this torch good to use for night diving? Or do you have any other brand to recommend?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
several months on and the 3m Pro is still one of my favorite lights. Despite the wonky UI I love the beam this thing puts out. Run it on 2xRCR for max out put

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review, candle lamp; thank you!

Thank you. Grijon! :)

several months on and the 3m Pro is still one of my favorite lights. Despite the wonky UI I love the beam this thing puts out. Run it on 2xRCR for max out put

It's sturdy light and gives you higher max. output on 2xRCR123A than on 1x18650 (or 2xCR123A) as you mention. :thumbsup:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
its built like a tank! I love the bi directional pocket clip. Not a fan of the wonky UI though but love the white XP-L beam it cranks out. It eats RCRs pretty quickly though still happy to have it. Just got the XP-L WL-S2. Totally misleading specs when it comes to range but its a great light anyways. Most well spaced low modes I have yet seen on that class of light.