June 6th is the meeting at BrightGuy in Northern Ohio - sign up here!

toolpig1

Enlightened
I have a cousin from Kirtland who will be tagging along with me, sign me up for another person. He asked me a few months ago, "so what are your interests outside of work"? I answered the same as all of us, "flashlights, knives, and multitools". I sucked him right in!

He's been reading the forum, asking questions, and buying flashlights. His new Eagletac is pretty nice, I don't even have one... yet.

So the get together is the sixth month, sixth day, at 6:00 pm. Sounds like the set up for a creepy Halloween movie.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a cousin from Kirtland who will be tagging along with me, sign me up for another person. He asked me a few months ago, "so what are your interests outside of work"? I answered the same as all of us, "flashlights, knives, and multitools". I sucked him right in!

He's been reading the forum, asking questions, and buying flashlights. His new Eagletac is pretty nice, I don't even have one... yet.

So the get together is the sixth month, sixth day, at 6:00 pm. Sounds like the set up for a creepy Halloween movie.

Great! And somehow I missed the significance of the date!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
If my stuff arrives in time, I'll provide a demonstration of UV mineral collecting, including a demonstration of the difference between shortwave UV, longwave UV and 395nm "near-UV" LEDs.

Oh, and I'll bring a blue laser module. :)

YAK-28

Enlightened
count me in for 5 people. i called and talked to greg today to let him know that a group of five were heading his way. i just got a new bag from county com in today's mail, i'll see how much i can stuff in it. is 6 pm the official start time?

see ya saturday...

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Update - my shortwave UV lamp didn't get here in time, so I'll only be able to show some longwave stuff. However I'll also bring some multichip 120v LED bulbs to show.

YAK-28

Enlightened
i was just wondering/hoping somebody might have a tigerlight with the led option that they could bring along. i have been on the fence about getting one and if i saw one in action that would help greatly with my choice.

thank's if you can.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Well we had a great time there tonight! Thanks to everyone who showed up, to Mike Lip for instigating the whole thing, and extra special thanks to Greg and Mike from Brightguy for being such gracious hosts and for providing the food and beverages!

Pictures to follow...

toolpig1

Enlightened
Greg and Mike deserve :twothumbs.

I didn't expect to see every flashlight they've ever sold sitting on shelves just begging to be handled. Why not, I'd never buy a car without taking it for a test drive. For those who couldn't be there, the group waited until dark to go outside and shine their HID's on the next building. I was curious if the wall would burst into flames.

The Fenix TK40 seemed to be the light that would end up on everyone's Christmas list. I bought a TK20 that I didn't even know I wanted.

I remember as a kid going to "Children's Palace" to get a new toy. That was long before Toys-R-Us and the other superstores. Being at Brightguy last night brought back some fun memories. Thanks guys.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I agree on the TK40, Toolpig. I believe that's the brightest LED flashlight I've actually held in my hand.

I was also favorably impressed with the color temperature of the Acro HID. That Pelican 9430 area light was impressive also. Thanks to Greg for unboxing a new one for us to look at.

Yeah, Children's Palace indeed! :)

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been wanting the Acro since I first saw it. But that TK40 is amazing and one will find it's way to my hands. Thanks all for coming. It was fun.

YAK-28

Enlightened
thank you greg and mike. the food was great, it's not everyday(for me anyways) that you get to see and try such a selection of lights. i like the new shelf set up. it was good seeing people with similar brain waves. i like seeing the other lights people bring with them. i hope there are more get togethers. thank's for your help with the lights for the boy's summer camp and the couple for my collection.

already working on the next list,
mark

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Mark, the story about the reflective tape on the flashlights was both interesting and a little startling. Would you care to share it here?

YAK-28

Enlightened
i asked "the boss" before she went shopping and she said "yes", she would write about her reason for the tape on the lights.