Just got my Eagletac GX30A3D in the mail....

jtice

Flashaholic
Doesnt seem to be much out there on this light yet, but it has got my attention.
But for a sorta different reason...

I see it as a flashlight LANTERN combo.
I personally think it would be horrible to walk around using it as a traditional flashlight with that flood ring lit up.
That would certainly blind you and distract you from what you are trying to look at.
But, I think it would make a nice lantern option to sit on a table at camp, etc.
Most all lights out there that are a flashlight + lantern combo are junk and not designed well at all.
Would love to see some reviews on this one, demonstrating it in a lantern mode.

Shadowcaster

Newly Enlightened
That's pretty much how I use the diffuser on this. It tailstands as a (very effective) lantern. I hold it like a torch otherwise.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is one of the few threads I have seen on this light so I'm bringing it back.

Anyway, I was doing a little research on this light, mainly to just stay up to speed on the newer Eagletacs, and have a question regarding the diffuser ring. In the few videos I have watched, it appears that when using only the spot beam with the diffuser leds off, the diffuser lens collects quite a bit of light off the spot beam and still lights up. The diffuser lens looks like it is set on its medium mode and causes glare when trying to look at distant objects.

I hope what I am a saying makes since, it's the best way I know to describe what I am seeing. Here is a screen shot from Matthew Klingler's video that is supposed to be with only the spot beam on. See how the diffuser still lights up and causes a glare?

I forgot what I am talking about had been mentioned in the thread below so I guess I'm asking if anyone else experiences the same thing.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...n-the-EagleTac-GX30A3D-Neutral-for-sale/page2

Last edited: