Just got my new srt7 stolen out of my car!!

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am so mad guys. I messed up. Ran into the gas station, left my light on the seat with the window down for like maybe 2 minutes tops, and when I came out my light was gone. I am more mad at myself than anything else, considering I just bought the thing a few months ago, along with a nitecore i4 charger, some batts, etc. and spent a good amount on this.

Now, the jerk who took it probably sold it for like 10 bucks already, since there seems to be more and more drug addicts coming to my town, but thats another story.

I need advice. Im not trying to go 2 or 300 dollar crazy, but I need to get something just as great, or even better just for the principle of it. So, can you guys recommend another great light for me? I hate to ask like this, but it took me a good while to pick a nice sized, 18650 light with great throw for its size and also usable flood. But, i just don't have the time right now with work to be studying up on new lights again for a new toy, and outdoor/hiking light.

I would just go order another Srt7, since I already have the charger and batts for it, but to be honest after having the light in my hands and using, I was a bit disappointed when I got it. I expected it to be a lot brighter really, but it is still very nice. And the size works great for me along side my sc52w.

So now, I may be interested in going up a bit in size for performance. I really do love that Tk75vn, but 200 bucks is a lot of money. Are there other Srt7-like lights that are similar but will blow it out of the water? If not, then I think I will go up in size of the light. I really like the Tk75 and the TM26 for its smaller size for a large crazy light, but still trying to decide and hoping for some help, suggestions, advice.

I am also still very mad....

If you feel like helping out, feel free to throw out anything I may also be interested in. Perhaps something in between the tk75, and my ex srt7?

thanks guys, even just for listening...

dave

foursevens MMU-X3 is shorter than SRT7 and just a tad fatter. it's a triple-XML2 in a ridiculously small package. 1600+ lumens so yes it blows SRT7 out of the water

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Wow guys thanks for the replies. It's funny I'm using tapatalk on my phone and didn't get any notifications of my thread getting replies, so sorry for the delay.

I will go back to the gas station today since I was working all day yesterday, and hopefully they will let me look at the camera footage. I'm pretty good friends with the owner.

I am still so mad. And yes, the crackhead that took it, yes my town is full of them unfortunately, probably can't even use the thing since the batt needed charge. This was still my newest light and toy, only like 2 months I got to enjoy it.

Well, I'm going now to check out all those recommendations, and hopefully there is one that catches my eye, or else maybe I might contact Vin to see about that srt7vn. Last time I called him, I thought he told me he can't do much with it because all the wires with the rgb crap. But I could be wrong. I remember him saying he couldn't upgrade the driver at all, but maybe that's changed since a few months ago. That would be real nice.

I do love that light, and I gotta check out that foursevens too. I would LOVE to go up to at least a few hundred more lumens or more if I can still carry it at that size. But like I said if nothing catches my eye, I may just lose my mind and go TK75 crazy. Something about the exact shape and form factor of the srt7 really caught my eye, and I did look at a lot of other lights in the same size when I purchased it. GG I believe, his vid really made me get it.

Guys, again thank you. I appreciate the kind words, and I'm off to the gas station now so I will update in a little while.

Dave

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow guys thanks for the replies. It's funny I'm using tapatalk on my phone and didn't get any notifications of my thread getting replies, so sorry for the delay.

I will go back to the gas station today since I was working all day yesterday, and hopefully they will let me look at the camera footage. I'm pretty good friends with the owner.

I am still so mad. And yes, the crackhead that took it, yes my town is full of them unfortunately, probably can't even use the thing since the batt needed charge. This was still my newest light and toy, only like 2 months I got to enjoy it.

Well, I'm going now to check out all those recommendations, and hopefully there is one that catches my eye, or else maybe I might contact Vin to see about that srt7vn. Last time I called him, I thought he told me he can't do much with it because all the wires with the rgb crap. But I could be wrong. I remember him saying he couldn't upgrade the driver at all, but maybe that's changed since a few months ago. That would be real nice.

I do love that light, and I gotta check out that foursevens too. I would LOVE to go up to at least a few hundred more lumens or more if I can still carry it at that size. But like I said if nothing catches my eye, I may just lose my mind and go TK75 crazy. Something about the exact shape and form factor of the srt7 really caught my eye, and I did look at a lot of other lights in the same size when I purchased it. GG I believe, his vid really made me get it.

Guys, again thank you. I appreciate the kind words, and I'm off to the gas station now so I will update in a little while.

Dave

I doubt you will be allowed to look at the cctv footage under the data protection laws.

ragnarok164

Newly Enlightened
foursevens MMU-X3 is shorter than SRT7 and just a tad fatter. it's a triple-XML2 in a ridiculously small package. 1600+ lumens so yes it blows SRT7 out of the water

But remember if you are looking for throw, then MMU-X3 might not be the light you want. But like overclocker said, if just just want lots of lumen in a small package then the MMU-X3 is hard to beat.

Blglover96

Newly Enlightened
Fenix tk35 or any flashlight on the fenix store online with coupon code "Filter" for 20% off your whole purchase you have quite a good deal

regulation

Newly Enlightened
If you don't mind the size and don't need serious throw, then the TK35UE maybe also a good choice.

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Ok great. I am actually interested in great throw also. It's funny, the poor little srt7 had really good throw and useable flood. Just could use a bit more for that real wow factor. I do love the tk75 vids I see, but man that thing is bulky.
Still on the search....

TweakMDS

Enlightened
I'm currently narrowing down for a light in the similar scope of an SRT7. If it helps, the nitecore p25, armytek Viking pro and olight m22 are on my shortlist.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone like the nitecore mh25?
I picked one up for my mossberg, and I love it. I just never hear about it here.

Mini usb rechargeable, 900lm, nice all around beam profile , very solid construction.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Between the mh25 and the p25 I'd pick the latter. I dislike twisty ui's on larger lights such as this, because you will probably need two hands to operate it. The p25 is very similar but has a camera-style two stage switch to control modes. Seems quite clever and it's currently on the top of my list. Nitecore is also one of the few companies to ship traffic cones for their lights, which is a nice backup or emergency alternative for a traffic baton. A small white cone is also very handy while camping.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone like the nitecore mh25?
I picked one up for my mossberg, and I love it. I just never hear about it here.

Mini usb rechargeable, 900lm, nice all around beam profile , very solid construction.

CWrNA31.jpg

my MH25. i wouldn't call it solid. it's now just a charger, the flashlight part is dead LOL

shotgun recoil would drive the battery into that little PCB in there that's full of electronics. the little spring would bottom out resulting in a hammering effect

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've put over 200 rounds through mine with the mh25 mounted. It works flawlessly.
Hmm (shrug)

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep cumulative damage. every shot would weaken the solder joints, eventually it would fail. any design that puts the circuit board right infront of the battery isn't good for recoil