Just ordered a Fenix PD36R

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked one up with the 20% discount on their website, looking forward to this one. Saw one that a buddy has, was quite impressed.

EDIT - After I've had a few opportunities to put it to use, I find that I do not care for the tail/side switch combination. Click to turn on, then adjust in your hand to operate brightness levels. Not sure how difficult it would have been, but having just a side switch for on/operation/off would have been better IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
I grabbed one a few months back for a great deal and was very pleased. My preonVN keeps up with it but you already know for the size and convenient charge port its a great light. Sad i can't find it the last few weeks so i just ordered a SF Stiletto. Only thing that really bugs me is sometimes i pull her to deploy 1500 lumes and its on low somehow...dam side switch. Wish it could be locked out

Last edited:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
After I've had a few opportunities to put it to use, I find that I do not care for the tail/side switch combination. Click to turn on, then adjust in your hand to operate brightness levels. Not sure how difficult it would have been, but having just a side switch for on/operation/off would have been better IMO.

longuylander

Newly Enlightened
I have a PD35 V2 with the dual switch and a UC30 with only the side switch. Both have practically the same UI and output levels. The UC30 has a long press for on and off, and short presses for mode change. A very long press activates strobe. I much prefer the UC30 over the dual switch. I'm still not a fan of long presses for on/off, but it's better than fiddling with two switches.

davemp

Newly Enlightened
I had mine for about three months now. It' an excellent light. Bright, easy to use. Good ui. The PD36R can be locked out by slightly unscrewing the body.Just a slight turn is all that's needed.

ecallahan

Enlightened
I have never been a 'thrower' guy, but recently got into it to supplement my other lights. One light was the PD36Rvn. Basically a stock PD36R with a shaved emitter. I really like it. Most of my other light are floody, except for a Malkoff Hounddog and this light. I really like the size, battery life even on the highest setting, tail switch, and look. The side switch has memory of course, but if you hit it can switch levels without warning. But the output is great in my opinion. The only wish I have is for a higher CRI.