Led Lenser F1R

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Sounds good. I have yet to buy a Lenser and as I like to buy at least one good light from a quality maker maybe this as good as any.

Chose to purchase the F1R through a company called Immedia Systems that is based in Cupertino,California.

The price was $119.00 with free shipping. According to FedEx SmartPost the F1R shipped on 11/5/2014 from Memphis, Tennessee so I should receive it soon.

Considering that the purchase price includes the 1000 lumen ANSI F1R, focusing TIR lense, extra bezel, 18650 battery, USB battery charger and a five year warranty, I think the price is competitive with Eagletac lights that are being at sold at this time on Amazon.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums[/Q

Last edited:

utlgoa

Enlightened
Recieved the F1R today and it's my new favorite "go to flashlight".

Definitely appears to be 1000 lumens as advertised and very white in color (no blue/green tint).

I would describe it as having a large concentrated hot spot with very little spill. The best flashlight on the market ( in my humble opinion) when it comes to that happy median between spot and flood light.

Definitely not a "thrower" but great for seeing everything in the room, while still fitting in the palm of your hand.

For long distance I'll stay with my Thrunite TN32. My Fenix TK 35UE will not gather any dust since I will always want to use that for checking for deer on the "back forty", but when it comes to work or family events after dark then it's the F1R for me !

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

ven

Flashaholic
Nice one,pics please ,would be good if some next to the tk35 and tn32 to get a size comparison :thumbsup:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a a fan of the Led Lenser brand in general it makes a nice change for someone to praise one of there offerings other than the P7.2.I am pretty sure half the whiners who slag the brand have never even seen one let alone used one.

Heads up UK peeps. Maplins the muppet store in the UK are doing a xmas gift pack on the P7.2 with price reduction and a free pocket torch.

amaretto

Newly Enlightened
Nice one,pics please

26297d1413079421-led-lenser-f1r-limited-f1r-limited.jpg

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a a fan of the Led Lenser brand in general it makes a nice change for someone to praise one of there offerings other than the P7.2.I am pretty sure half the whiners who slag the brand have never even seen one let alone used one.

Heads up UK peeps. Maplins the muppet store in the UK are doing a xmas gift pack on the P7.2 with price reduction and a free pocket torch.

Check out the Coast HP1 on Amazon. Coast used to be LED Lenser's distributor in the USA. Several years ago they parted ways and started making their own lights (presumably under license from LED Lenser). The Coast lights use the same types of optics and have similar quality.

I was quite impressed with the HP1. It's quite well built: double springs in the battery compartment, copper star, AS5 thermal grease under the star. Lots of well-lubed o-rings, etc. ... and it sells for just $10 on Amazon. It's a good choice for anyone who wants to try out an LED Lenser quality and type of light without the expense.

swockan

Newly Enlightened
That light looks awesome. I bought the regular F1 and I always carry it with me though I miss the lower modes. High/med is not enough.
Will have to join the 18650 club soon enough. This might get me there.

Alright, I carry 3 lights, zebralight H52w, Inova T1 v2 and the F1 on a daily basis. I can't choose :)

davictorschwarz79

Newly Enlightened
I had the f1, and was so amazed by the quality, and output that I think it bested even my TN36, and my night master 800 for wow factor. These are the only three flashlights i've owned and the only three i'd ever need for ANY situation. There comes a point when the quality of something gets so good, that in reality, you don't even need to keep searching for something better. Maybe I just am not as much of an enthusiasts as many of the people here, but those three lights pretty much ended my search for anything better in any of those categories. However, I lost my lenser F1 last winter. It was a very cold winter, and as a truck driver, climbing in and out of my cab a lot, I just rubbed my truck wrong and the light popped out of my shirt pocket unnoticed. It was my go to light, and now, 6 months later, I'm finally looking to replace it in hopes that I am better prepared to carry it as with my rugged cargo pants I got with my free uniform allowance. My other two lights use 18650s, and I was very reluctant to buy the Lenser F1 because I didn't want to add a new battery tech into the mix of things. Yet, I knew it was going to be too amazing to pass up. Now, as I search for it again, I come to find out that Lenser defeated the F1s wow factor with this F1r, a flashlight I didn't even know about until 30 minutes ago. I had to say something about it and share my thoughts as this is the only thread I found about it in CPF. Without a question, I am going to have one for the best price amazon prime offers ;). You can bet your ***!!!

utlgoa

Enlightened
It's been over one year and the F1R still makes me smile when I use it. Perfect combination of spot/flood...and still the
best CW tint of any light I own including XPL's from Eagletac.

Awen

Newly Enlightened
I think I am going to get one of these if I can.
Where to buy this flashlight and be certain it's a genuine one? (as there are lots of fakes on amazon and ebay from sellers based in Singapore) - gotta ship to sweden also.

Is this the cheapest price from a genuine seller: http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/led-le...ge/led-lenser-f1r-rechargeable-led-torch.html

Sites as Conrad and Swedol have what I think is fake images of this light on their website, not sure if the flashlights are genuine though but the price suggests it.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I am going to get one of these if I can.
Where to buy this flashlight and be certain it's a genuine one? (as there are lots of fakes on amazon and ebay from sellers based in Singapore) - gotta ship to sweden also.

Is this the cheapest price from a genuine seller: http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/led-le...ge/led-lenser-f1r-rechargeable-led-torch.html

Sites as Conrad and Swedol have what I think is fake images of this light on their website, not sure if the flashlights are genuine though but the price suggests it.

Hey up chap nothing wrong with Conrad,a very reliable German company with online presence in the UK as well.I have personally shopped in Conrad stores and I can assure you a very professional company selling genuine brands.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does this compare to say ... a Zebralight SC62w?

That's the problem. Simply put, it can't. The Zebralight SC62 is a superb family of lights with many features that are NOT found in LED Lenser lights:

1. Ability to use an inexpensive, widely available 18650 rather than lower capacity and more costly proprietary battery packs.
2. Multiple emitter choices, including neutral white and two high CRI options.
3. Small enough to EASILY EDC.
4. GREAT user interface and lots of modes.
5. Oh, and it's cheaper.

Many of these features are shared by other small 18650 lights, like the Eagletac D25LC2. I feel like the only way LED Lenser/Coast stays in business is by having their lights widely available in brick and mortar stores.

ven

Flashaholic
Ok, spill the beans.

Not sure what you want me to spill :laughing:

Honest opinion on the light, its nice, like the design but would not pay £90 for it...............no way. IMHO around the £30-£40 tops.

Awen

Newly Enlightened
Hey up chap nothing wrong with Conrad,a very reliable German company with online presence in the UK as well.I have personally shopped in Conrad stores and I can assure you a very professional company selling genuine brands.

Ok, their price is a bit above what you'd expect a geniune would cost, but if you look at the image they use for this model, it looks like an image of a fake. You can spot copper or brass where the lens attaches to the metal.

ven

Flashaholic
Simple solution, ring or email ledco, ask if they are an authorised dealer or who is more local............job done!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, their price is a bit above what you'd expect a genuine would cost, but if you look at the image they use for this model, it looks like an image of a fake. You can spot copper or brass where the lens attaches to the metal.

You really cannot go round saying things like that on a public forum.Conrad is a very professional company and I am totally shocked you think otherwise.Just downloaded this pic from their website.It looks fine to me.

Would suggest you go to the makers website and compare my picture to theirs.

Last edited:

Awen

Newly Enlightened
That's the problem. Simply put, it can't. The Zebralight SC62 is a superb family of lights with many features that are NOT found in LED Lenser lights:

1. Ability to use an inexpensive, widely available 18650 rather than lower capacity and more costly proprietary battery packs.
2. Multiple emitter choices, including neutral white and two high CRI options.
3. Small enough to EASILY EDC.
4. GREAT user interface and lots of modes.
5. Oh, and it's cheaper.

Many of these features are shared by other small 18650 lights, like the Eagletac D25LC2. I feel like the only way LED Lenser/Coast stays in business is by having their lights widely available in brick and mortar stores.

The Ledlenser F1R also uses an inexpensive, widely available 18650 battery. I think it comes supplied with a 2600 mah battery. Correct me if the battery isn't interchangeable with standard 18650 li-ion large capacity batteries.
The runtime of the light on highest setting is 3h, but I also read that it lowers output when battery is low so how long runtime you get with 1000 lm might be uncertain.
Other brands similar models claim runtimes around 1h 20min - 1h 45min using a 3400 mah 18650.

The Zebralight SC62 isn't available at retailers any longer, so you'd have to find a used one for sale. Kind of makes it a non-contender if you can't even buy one, doesn't it?

My interest in the F1R is because of its beam pattern and the level of light it puts out, simply a whole lot better than what I've found with Gemini Xera flashlight beam pattern images.