Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
It will match my orange Lemax light, and orange Rv. On a serious note, my Lemax has been a lifesaver for us in the Arizona desert.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say! I've friends in Tucson...near the base of the Santa Catalinas--and, I'd sure like to get some decent distance as they have there for high-powered beamshots. In the Pa NE farm country, we've pretty much only several hundred acre spots to use.

Karl

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Why jeepers bulbmogul, I do believe I may have offended your ego! So, so sorry! You inquired about the possible correlation of the two lights and, I do believe I gave you some sage advice--search the forums. Now, since you've asked so nicely, "please" not to contact you via PM, I'll be only too happy to oblige! As my mailbox shows, I did send you one PM on 3/23/2018 but, I'd not sent you any others as far as I can tell. I'm presuming you may have found that one offensive as well...might touchy it appears! I just reread it though and I THOUGHT (certainly was my intention!) it was informative. Ah well, best intentions!

I don't believe I have "pushed" any particular product. Now, I will admit I certainly have and do indicate my experiences with the lights I have purchased and, when I believe it may be useful to other members, give direction but, I don't have employ with XeVision rather have a hobby-oriented relationship with them. Bulbmogul, considering you started this thread---within which all were inasmuch invited to participate, I thought the references to Dan and XeVision were appropriate. He and his company are the only business I am aware of who have come forward in regards to possible modification of the very topic here, the LEMAX series of fine lights. Now, I could be wrong and, if I am, I'll sure say so and, become better informed....but, I don't think there are others. I know you, as well as many others "here", INCLUDING myself, collect some of these "big guns" of lighting apparatus. Many of us as well, enjoy the prospect of squeezing out every last lumen, just as would like any of our possessions performing as well as possible. I'll say, thanks for starting this thread since, after I saw it, I've followed it religiously, so to speak. I'd hoped that my creating another thread specific to the possible upgrade of the LEMAX lights might be useful and yet, not stray too far off topic. Referencing that thread provided a segway to more information. That has been accomplished. Lord only knows I wouldn't dare "force" a modification upon you, providing you a better performing light than that which you so dearly love! Providing the mod service reaches fruition, I'm sure you will still maintain comfort in a lesser-performing though still, amazing light!

Now, please don't (see, I'm TRYING to be nice!) mis-identify this as being bragging but, I really have more dang lights than I know what to do with! Quite frankly, I should sell a big bunch of them and use the proceeds to move to Dubai! We could test our powerful lights on that runway where you were piloting your fine bicycle! We could switch off doing beamshots!!!

Anyway, to get to my reference of "on" and "off" switches being somewhat elusive, I'll confess there are some (most ?) of my lights I haven't used in quite some time and anything more complex than a simple switch forces me back here or to an operator's manual to figure 'em out! I'll be honest as well however, I really haven't "dusted" them off though---can't see the dust in the dark doncha know!!? I suspect I'm not (completely) alone on this one.

To conclude, should I have irked you with my tongue-in-cheek humor, so be it! "Please" don't read my posts! You'll feel much better soon...I'm certain of it!

Excuse me, I've got to go, have to check the tire pressure on my Maserati!!

Karl

Most likely it would require a major sell off of lights to fund a trip to Dubai, UAE and FYI it more like 30 bicycles not one plus I had carried 3 bicycles with me on the trip through the Arabian Desert..However like you I am not bragging about the minuscule cost of lights to other much much more expensive hobbies I have. So why not just not carry on and get your orders of mega super special lights you are working on but do not ask to include me in it again..Cheers from Kalkudah Bay, Sri Lanka in SE Asia..

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow 30 tricycles! That's simply amazing!! And you say you PERSONALLY carried three BIcycles all by yourself...across the desert!! Tell me honestly, all of those precious three were accessorized with training wheels...right? Thought so! "Oh you kid" as was said many years ago in the American movies! TRIcycles huh? I really never gave thought to collecting those but, I guess they must remind you of recurring episodes of your "Endless Summer" childhood. I'll have to give that some serious consideration! By the way, we sure do love those uplifting videos but, next time please do zoom in on the training wheels wouldya, just love to see if you've attached any of your AAA or, GASP (!) AA lights to them or even....the spokes!!! You must make quite a parade, cruisin' the vast deserts at night, festooned with AAAs , all ablazin'!! My oh my, "heart be still"! Yer simply gonna have to send all of us pictures so we can mount your edifice on our respective mantles....and light those same pictures with the very best lights in our comparatively meager collections! You just knew you'd be up in lights....and now you'll be!

Now, the locus of MY personal collecting is crayons, yup, CRAYONS! I'll just betcha ya woulda never guessed! I've boxes and boxes I've amassed over the years---pssst, don't tell but, I actually had an outhouse built of them! Yup, I'm sure you're familiar with them...must be! I keep some Eveready batteries hidden in one of the boxes "just in case"---sure wouldn't want to be left in the dark in THERE now would we?!! What I like about the crayons is that they are available in an endless number of color variations---and, I know you'll LOVE this, they change the colors every, single year, subtracting one color for another!! Were it not for the attractive rectangular boxes they come in I don't know WHAT I'd do! I know there is another feature of the boxes that you, in particular will absolutely go bonkers over---they are incredibly easy to dust! Now you may ask, "Karl, do you ever USE them"? Heck no! If I ever did, I'd wear them out! Jeepers, despite my "vast" collection, if I'd ever USE them (gasp!) I'd need replacements! Just think if you ever really USED your light collection, I hear well over 10X the size of my crayon gathering, you'd be forced to replace the AAA and EVEN the AA batteries! Yikes, you'd have to increase your staff by two or three....HUNDRED! Since I've already asked you to "come clean" on the trining wheels, I'll do so as well for the fact that my very first love was pencils, yup, PENCILS! I just knew you'd never have guessed that, karlthev collecting pencils! Just as crazy a scene as yourself sipping a cool beverage chilled with domestic water vs. your usual Mt. Everest glacial ice. Sorry, though the image is frightful, I just HAD to compare! Back to topic, pencils. I've got Eberhard Faber, American Papermate, Dixon Oriole...way too many to list here! Now how Karl, do PENCILS pertain to flashlights? Good question! I have several in my collection which "sport" LEDs in 'em! Fact be told, on my poor old grandpappy's grace, LIGHTS! I believe inclusion of that fact would garner support of them being IDed in a light forum---kinda like you showing your tricycles with AAA and AA lights attached to the spokes and such! Anyway, I switched from pencils to crayons (ala you from tricycles to training wheels) since I was always fearful of those pointed ends on the dang pencils! Ouch! I must warn you about a significant downside to the crayons, the fact that without substantial "modding" they roll off the table when I'm playing with and admiring them! Forces me to use my LIGHTS to find them on the floor! I'm searching furtively "as we speak" to find a forum modder who can meet my standards and mill some flat grooves along each edge. Viola, no more roll and, it'll save on the batteries I wear out in dropped collection members!

I really didn't read over all my posts in this thread, don't have that much time to tell you the truth. I don't remember your "inclusion" in any of my interests, light projects. I might however, recommend your investigating the purchase of a product seen on US TV years ago and one possibly available NEW (figured you wouldn't want a "used" one!), a "Super Duper Pooper Scooper"! Yup, I just know that would be of great assistance when you are locating the primary favoring agent for your "BM" beer, "BS"! I can just see you now astride one of your training wheel bikes (personally carried across the vast desert!), sipping on glacial, ice-chilled "BM" beer, chock full of "BS", chewing on a Hot Wing, playing with one of your yet-to-be-used flashlights!!! Hot damn.

Should you need to mail me. please use my alias, "Silver Surfer" in care of Marvel comic books, Galaxy number seven.

In closing, I see your are adept at inclusion of MY diatribes in your adolescent replies. You may well wish to try something original for once, and that without training wheels, an ORIGINAL bulbmogul post. "Try it, you'll like it"!

karlthev

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Who also here owns one (or more) of these LEMAX LX70 SUPERPOWERS..? Please raise your hand..!

bulbmogul

Enlightened

I attempted to try and use my GOPRO HERO6 for a beam shot of the LEMAX LX70 "SUPERPOWER" however it does not appear to have come out very good..

BVH

Flashaholic
Night shooting beamshots is not easy. For me, lots of trial and error. I usually take multiple shots with multiple exposures and find that in the end, by the time I post it to CPF, I have to use an over-exposed shot to make it appear as it does to my eye when taking the shot. IIRC, for my Canon S5IS, I end up using about 4-5 seconds at f3 or so.

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened

Awesome collection!
I used to have 1ds mark III (amazing full frame 1 series canon) with many L lenses including 50mm f1.0. I now have 5d mark III with 35l, 50 1.2l, 85l, 100l, 24 tse, 1635, 2470 and a 300mm 2.8 IS II and 2x adaptor :)
Time to setup that camera on tripod and take some beam shot of the light reaching the moon :)

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Awesome collection!
I used to have 1ds mark III (amazing full frame 1 series canon) with many L lenses including 50mm f1.0. I now have 5d mark III with 35l, 50 1.2l, 85l, 100l, 24 tse, 1635, 2470 and a 300mm 2.8 IS II and 2x adaptor :)
Time to setup that camera on tripod and take some beam shot of the light reaching the moon :)

Oh my , my kind of talk. I was a Canon guy for a few years and had the entire lineup of lenses to include all the Super Telephotos. Had the stuff for about 5 years got tired of it, sold it all off but the body as they have no value then one day several years ago I wanted a new Nikon D5. I know have 2 Nikon D5's along wit the ENTIRE Nikkor Lens Lineup including all the newest Super Telephotos from the 200 F/2 all the way up to the new Nikon 800MM F/5.6 FLED (CHA CHING) I also have a Leica SL Type 601 and just recently bought the new Hasselblad X1D MF Camera Black Body Limited Edition. Have not yet open or used either the new Leica or Hassie yet but do use or mess with my Nikon D5& Nikkor 200MM F/2 VR2..That is a BEAST of a lens.. The lens mounted to my 1DSMK# is a Canon 400MM F/4 DO..

My newest lens is the Leica Noctilux 50MM F/0.95 It is now the fastest 50MM Lens in the world along with the price tag it commands. Leica just released a new Noctilux 75MM F/1.25 that has not yet hit the market for $12,750.00

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Night shooting beamshots is not easy. For me, lots of trial and error. I usually take multiple shots with multiple exposures and find that in the end, by the time I post it to CPF, I have to use an over-exposed shot to make it appear as it does to my eye when taking the shot. IIRC, for my Canon S5IS, I end up using about 4-5 seconds at f3 or so.

I have a issue trying to upload pictures directly from my computer to the forum as it appears you have to put the pictures on a hosting site first..? Is there ny way pictures can be directly posted to the forum..? I was going to try my IPHONE this morning when i videoed the beamshot but figured i would be unable to post pictures directly here. I have no problem posting my youtube videos but pictures are a issue for me..

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
Oh my , my kind of talk. I was a Canon guy for a few years and had the entire lineup of lenses to include all the Super Telephotos. Had the stuff for about 5 years got tired of it, sold it all off but the body as they have no value then one day several years ago I wanted a new Nikon D5. I know have 2 Nikon D5's along wit the ENTIRE Nikkor Lens Lineup including all the newest Super Telephotos from the 200 F/2 all the way up to the new Nikon 800MM F/5.6 FLED (CHA CHING) I also have a Leica SL Type 601 and just recently bought the new Hasselblad X1D MF Camera Black Body Limited Edition. Have not yet open or used either the new Leica or Hassie yet but do use or mess with my Nikon D5& Nikkor 200MM F/2 VR2..That is a BEAST of a lens.. The lens mounted to my 1DSMK# is a Canon 400MM F/4 DO..

My newest lens is the Leica Noctilux 50MM F/0.95 It is now the fastest 50MM Lens in the world along with the price tag it commands. Leica just released a new Noctilux 75MM F/1.25 that has not yet hit the market for $12,750.00

Wow that's awesome lineup! cha-ching indeed on all of them. did you also have the Canon 1200mm 5.6L too? insane! bh used to sell one for $180,000 used! :shakehead:laughing:

djjoonie

Newly Enlightened
I have a issue trying to upload pictures directly from my computer to the forum as it appears you have to put the pictures on a hosting site first..? Is there ny way pictures can be directly posted to the forum..? I was going to try my IPHONE this morning when i videoed the beamshot but figured i would be unable to post pictures directly here. I have no problem posting my youtube videos but pictures are a issue for me..

I dont think theres any way to upload directly to the forum, you have to use the hosting service. Ive been using Imgur.com and worked flawlessly. very easy and have the direct link available to post it here on the forum using the "insert image". good luck!

BVH

Flashaholic
Yeah, no way to direct post. I paid the new annual $99 fee to PB for unlimited 3rd party hosting for bulletin boards/forums. It was originally going to be $300 or $400, I forget, but then they launched the $99 program. I have so many images there, I didn't want to move them all to imjur.