Lights you sleep with

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me..it's now my ICON Rogue 1 on my dresser next to my bed.(the low mode is perfect for walking around my apartment in the dark.) Also close at hand are my Lightwave 4000,as well as my UK Sunlight SL6.

(My other lights are scattered around my apartment in various nooks and crannies..)

nbp

Flashaholic
Well this thread is a great relief! I wasnt sure if I was the only one that EDC'd a light even in bed lol. Well I always have either my Novatac 120T or Malkoff MD2 with a M30 (or M30WF) under my pillow beside the XD45 But no spikey bezels, ive got a waterbed! :poof:
Don't you mean ENC? Every Night Carry??? ;) :grin2:

I have my Draco on a neck lanyard always, and on the nightstand are a great selection of AAA lights, along with an E1e.
It's not the lights under the pillow that scare me, it's all these guys with things wrapped around their necks! Don't choke boys! :green:

I'm new and this thread is scaring me.
Clipped to the outside of the waistband and hanging just inside the waistband of my shorts.:whistle:
This one is bordering on creepy..... :sick2: :crackup:

I have an EX10 on the little shelf next to the bed. Low is good for bathroom trips, high is easy to access. And all the other lights are only a few feet away....near the shotgun :devil:

LightGrunt0311

Newly Enlightened
I'm a marine reservist (infantry) and in the field, I sleep with my SF 6P LED w/red lens filter, Energizer 3AAA headlamp, and Energizer 2AAA led pen light (loaner light). In my unit, once you let someone borrow a light or anything, you know you won't ever see it again - lol! i once let a fellow jarhead borrow my mag 2aa led w/red lens and never saw it again! blue falcons..

oh yeah also sleep with my 16a4 w/203, peq-15, and pvs-14s

ooh rah kill

bloke-gear.com

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight Polypro luxeon LED right next to my pillow powered by four Eneloops. Opted against putting anything more expensive there since that light always seems to end up on the ground in the morning...

roguesw

Enlightened
McGizmo Ti 2x123 body with Pr-T head. This is always by my side. I just love the Ti. And its getting its own share of patina so its great. Cant wait to build my 3xMC-E M3-T. That will be my new bed side light.

Dave Keith

Newly Enlightened
Well, not IN the bed, but on the nightstand I have been keeping my Spartanian II. It has a cool, easy to master UI and has a very low low or a very impressive high (for a one 123) available with a flick.

About three steps from the bed, next to Mr. Smith&Wesson, is a bored-for-18650 Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60.

By the front door, next to the shotgun, is my first "quality" flashlight, a Lumapower MRV. The shotgun is primarily for four-legged varmints (I live out in the country) but sadly, not all nocturnal prowlers have white stripes down their back. :eeksign:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have some light standing at my bedside table. Usually Fenix L1D Q5, Nitecore D10 or Fenix PD20. Also Maglite 2D with Terralux Ministar1 or/and LedLenser P14 stand at the floor beside the table.

All of these lights are able to provide that low brightness which is comfortable for the dark adapted eye when one wants to get at closet or kitchen(for drinking water, not eating sandwishes) at night. I don't really need any light for that task because I find the way anyway, but because I am a flashoholic I want to use a flashlight...

Regards, Patric

USP9c

Newly Enlightened
Right now I have a carbiner light, that the local police department was giving away at the fair, under my pillow. It's pretty small but very bright and lets me get around the house just fine. I'm working on getting something that would let me see all the way down the hall and that also has a white light since that little one has a blue LED.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually have a McGizmo on the nightstand, and a HDS Twisty under the pillow.

Mayo

MWClint

Enlightened
ive fallen asleep with a matterhorn p4 and the sapphire p4 in my pocket regularly.

Did you say Sapphire P4? :eek:oo:

:grin2:

it's one of my favorite lights. Goes with me everywhere..on my neck, in my pocket..and most recently on a Valiant/jsburly AA arc body. :)

p4 mod -> sapphire.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2879220

i'm looking to grab another and do a high power version.
i recently fit a cut down 350mah MicroPuck into a AAA Peak. Since the
"internal" head dimensions of peak/arc/mcgizmo are pretty much the same,
it should be no problem for the sapphire.

just took this shot with the aa body. hotspot is overexposed with cell phone camera, but you get the idea..no purple/blue tints!
aa-sapphire-p4.jpg

Last edited:

MWClint

Enlightened
Look at that thumb!!
:laughing:

sorry my hands are frigged up from ulnar nerve and cts issues.
hence the foam under my keyboard...among other things..had surgery on both arms.. :sigh:
dont click on link if you dont like broken joints...my thumb can get out of whack at times..
it's not too painful..just arthritic. *icky warning* http://www.v6power.net/clint/lights/sapphire/thumbstability.jpg

some things might take me a little longer to do..but i dont let it stop me.
i love to tinker and build things. Have a pair of mustangs i work on..and also fly r/c heli along with the flashlight hobby.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nightstand=

6P w/A19 w/Combat Grip and P90
L1 w/ F04
E1E w/ F05

Under the bed=
3D Camo Mag w/ Mag LED

Safe=
SW .40 Sigma w/ Insight M4 :twothumbs