Do you sleep with a flashlight attached to yourself

Flashlightmaster2021

Newly Enlightened
No. If my German shepherd doesn't wake me with enough time to grab my nightstand light, it's probably a bad enough situation that a little light won't matter.
This is a very valid point !!! almost forgot about the home alarm/ dog barking home security measures

idleprocess

Flashaholic
This is a very valid point !!! almost forgot about the home alarm/ dog barking home security measures
Big Puppers - whom insists on lying against me at night - will at the very least crane his neck to look at anything exciting he happens to hear, likely waking me. His interest in borking at all displeasing things has declined in the last ~year now that he's settled in.

ninety9

Newly Enlightened
I have many flashlights on the nightstand, alongside a pistol with a light mounted on it and my phone. My six year old sleeps with two on his nightstand.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I'm fully dressed and lay down for a 20-45 minute nap I typically have a holster on with a Streamlight Scorpion Xenon in it. It isn't comfortable to roll over in bed with it on though. Usually I try to keep something small like a Maglite Solitaire, Surefire Titan, or Fenix E01 in my pocket for bedtime use. LRI Proton gets lost to easily.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really an "emergency" light, but I do sleep with a AAA light clipped to my shorts pocket. I have plenty of lights on the table by my bed, but if I am just waking up and needing a light from the table, it's going to get clumsily karate chopped across the room when I go to grab it.

fuyume

Enlightened
Do you sleep with a flash light on your person like in your your shorts or with the wrist strap strap strapped to your wrist in case you wake up in emergency need your like like ASAP or do you have near by and you hope you will be able to grab it in the pitch black ????

"Do be in the pitch black is ones decision to make "
Uh, no...
However, there are at least five ways to make light within arm's reach of my bed. First is the table lamp, second is my old Inova X1 1xAA flashlight on my nightstand, third my EDC Nitecore EC11 in my handbag, fourth my iPhone, fifth my iPad, sixth the 50" UHDTV at the foot of my bed, which lights up the whole room.

TPA

Enlightened
I usually have either a Lumintop EDC18 or Sofirn SC31Pro on the nightstand. Bother have illuminated power buttons. At home I have a few Mr Beams MB530 motion lights which dim down to a constant glow when it's dark out. For the hotels, I'll pack a few MB500A lights which are just a dim constant glow but more than enough to navigate around a room to find things.

cy

Flashaholic
yes ..

MecArmy X1S Titanium

on titanium 3mm bead chain to allow breakaways.
twisty for no fuss water tight operation

uses 10180 lithium .. this ti EDC is tiny with decent runtimes, typically months between charges. low is perfect for me most of the time, hi beam at a modest 130 lumen without overpowering.
I love this ti light!

51-Tpt-SB8vw-L-AC-SL1500.jpg

Last edited: