Lights you sleep with

N_N_R

Enlightened
That's how the side of my bed looks...

12032013113_zpsd62220ad.jpg

About 10 months ago my family went through our biggest and hopefully last shock- an earthquake of 6 Richter degrees and the hundredths of aftershocks later. Since then I've been putting those several essential for me things next to me on the bed. I've started feeling lights are essential, too, may be because the first shock took place at 3 am. An earthquake with a light is slightly less horrific than an earthquake in the dark. :candle::candle:

TurboBlaster

Newly Enlightened
I'm packin my new Nitecore EC25

It's with me 24/7. If Big Foot or Space Aliens go bump in the night, I am ready to blast in Turbo!

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
N_N_R,
I am glad that you are well. I have been through only a 'minor' earthquake - the California 'Loma Prieta' earthquake of 1989 - in the middle of the day, while at home, and it was truly frightening. Nobody hurt in 'my area', although people died elsewhere. That got me thinking more about EDC gear. I have a SF C3-BK w/a Malkoff P60, and a SF G3 with a low-level led module available in the bedside cabinet also.

N_N_R

Enlightened
N_N_R,
I am glad that you are well. I have been through only a 'minor' earthquake - the California 'Loma Prieta' earthquake of 1989 - in the middle of the day, while at home, and it was truly frightening. Nobody hurt in 'my area', although people died elsewhere. That got me thinking more about EDC gear. I have a SF C3-BK w/a Malkoff P60, and a SF G3 with a low-level led module available in the bedside cabinet also.

omG. It must've been terrible. I just googled it, I hadn't heard of it before (but I've been only 2 y.o. back then). Thank God you're ok. No one got injured here either. Exactly this also mad me focus on EDC, too.... To be honest, there were sliiiiight earthquakes here before, too(like everywhere in the world) when I was a kid and alone at home and I got frightened back then, too. I've built some habit of knowing where my most important possessions are all the time, so in case of emergency I can just run to them, grab them. The night of the very earthquake I was sleeping with my Fenix E11, but for a different purpose- I was just using it for reading before going to bed.

scsmith

Newly Enlightened
There's a Streamlight TLR-1 (and the pistol that's attached to it - or is it attached to the pistol?) on my night stand. Lately I've been keeping my recently purchased ThruNite Scorpion on the night stand as well, with the rotary switch set to firefly brightness level. Prior to getting the Scorpion my low output nightstand light was a Surefire E1L. I've also been playing with a NiteCore IFD2 with the selector ring set pretty low before turning in for the night. I'm really liking the Scorpion though, because I can access any mode one handed with the light on or off with its tail mounted rotary selector switch.

Slazmo

Enlightened
A Duracell divers torch with a simple 40 lumen LED drop in. Plastic, light, low light and completely waterproof to IPX8... The first drawer in my bedside has three other more high powered torches - however we have nothing to worry about down here other than harsh language and sticks from degenerate neighbours.

Bushm4ster

Newly Enlightened
I'm with TurboBlaster, my EC25 hasn't left my hip since I got it. If his Bigfoot comes my way he's gonna get more of the same.

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
That's how the side of my bed looks...

About 10 months ago my family went through our biggest and hopefully last shock- an earthquake of 6 Richter degrees and the hundredths of aftershocks later. Since then I've been putting those several essential for me things next to me on the bed. I've started feeling lights are essential, too, may be because the first shock took place at 3 am. An earthquake with a light is slightly less horrific than an earthquake in the dark. :candle::candle:

Nice quick set up. I like the idea of the strap on the E01.

Samy

Enlightened
I've been using my zebralight SC51 but lately i find it's lowest low output not low enough so i'm also using my Sunwayman V10A because that goes RIDICULOUSLY low. I can sneak around much better ;)

cheers

conman

Newly Enlightened
My Maglite 3D stays beside my bed in case I hear sounds in the house. :thumbsup:
1365300403129.jpg

Treeguy

Enlightened
A Surefire G2 nylon 60 lumen. It's the only good flashlight I own.
I also have a .01 lumen POS flashlight I bought at the pharmacy for $5, batteries included. That thing just floats around the house.

Boeingman

Newly Enlightened
I have this streamlight strion I think it is, that I received as a xmas present from my parents. It has the 18650 rechargeable battery and the recharging bracket that it sits into is mounted to the back of my nightstand. It is a pretty bright LED light, and I have many led lights. It is always plugged in and ready to go. The quality seems pretty good and it comes with a 12 volt car charger as well. I don't like how you have to wiggle it around and play with it in order to get it to snap in and charge correctly