• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lights You Want Me To Mod

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I bought one and it failed on me so I lost faith...

Hey Vinh, ever consider modding any RonyVon products? They look really well built, and somehow still, the prices look very reasonable!

https://www.rovyvon.com/collections/flashlight/products/a4?variant=12234913054823

https://www.rovyvon.com/collections/flashlight/products/angel-eyes-e300s?variant=12870511001703

Thoughts? I could see W1/W2 doing really well in the Aurora and Angel Eyes lights using those optics!

Also, the Fénix E16/E18 is claiming to have a special optic reflector of 3mm as opposed to the 'usual 7mm,' could this make an interesting beam pattern with a particular LED? Special TI wacky HDT version coming too if you like that sort of thing for collectibility.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
RRT01 came. Played with it for 1 minute and I already know this will be an R! Excellent light. The best of infinite variable brightness with a very linear ring, the lowest low possible, 18350 Protected capable and crazy nice heft!!

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
RRT01 came. Played with it for 1 minute and I already know this will be an R! Excellent light. The best of infinite variable brightness with a very linear ring, the lowest low possible, 18350 Protected capable and crazy nice heft!!
I want one

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I concur. I'd definitely purchase this mod from you as well.

I don't yet have the new RRT-01. However, the old RRT-01 was surprisingly easy to turn into a triple.

The RRT-01 / TCR-01 used a 14mm star with a reflector. The star was far too small for a triple. However, there was a ledge partway up the reflector cavity where a wider portion of the reflector sat. This ledge happened to be at exactly the correct height for a standard 20mm copper triple star with standar Carclo triple-TIR optic on top.

The driver wires weren't long enough for a triple, but it wasn't too hard to replace the stock wires with longer ones. On my driver I had to first desolder each leg of the sandwich, then separate the 2 boards. Then I could access the driver wire solder points to attach different wires. This mod still left a large open cavity below the star, but so long as a copper star with generous thermal compound at the edges was used, heat transfer wasn't a problem. Though I suppose the "right" way to do it would be to install a copper slug into this void.

I have no idea if the new RRT-01 is as easy to turn into a triple as the old one.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't yet have the new RRT-01. However, the old RRT-01 was surprisingly easy to turn into a triple.

The RRT-01 / TCR-01 used a 14mm star with a reflector. The star was far too small for a triple. However, there was a ledge partway up the reflector cavity where a wider portion of the reflector sat. This ledge happened to be at exactly the correct height for a standard 20mm copper triple star with standar Carclo triple-TIR optic on top.

The driver wires weren't long enough for a triple, but it wasn't too hard to replace the stock wires with longer ones. On my driver I had to first desolder each leg of the sandwich, then separate the 2 boards. Then I could access the driver wire solder points to attach different wires. This mod still left a large open cavity below the star, but so long as a copper star with generous thermal compound at the edges was used, heat transfer wasn't a problem. Though I suppose the "right" way to do it would be to install a copper slug into this void.

I have no idea if the new RRT-01 is as easy to turn into a triple as the old one.

I sure hope it is. I need a variable ring triple in my life. 4500 219b's please. :)

star_c_star

Enlightened
Lumintop GT4, basically a BLF GT but with 4x XHP70.2.

It supposedly will be available after the Chinese New Year.

This was mentioned on the "other" forum.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
If anyone could figure out what LED MagLite is putting into their Spektrum series Solitaire light, I would kill to have one installed in a Streamlight Microstream or a Preon MKIII. That LED is the closest I've seen to imitating an incandescent.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emisar D18 looks like a good one to mod.

Replace the SST-20 with XPL HI or LH351D.

My guess is around 16,000 lumens in a light similar in size to the ROT66.

Last edited:

jo_th

Newly Enlightened
Emisar D18 looks like a good one to mod.

Replace the SST-20 with XPL HI or LH351D.

My guess is around 16,000 lumens in a light similar in size to the ROT66.

SST-20 throws further then XP-L HI so u will lose some throw

DMS1970

Enlightened
I just received a couple Austrolux FT03 in cool white. Pretty impressive, I'd love to see what Vinh can do to one.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I just received a couple Austrolux FT03 in cool white. Pretty impressive, I'd love to see what Vinh can do to one.

I think this is the same light as the MT35 mini version right? I ordered 3 of those to test.