*LIST* of LED flashlights WARM/NEUTRAL/~4000K

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like they have pulled the link that was there a couple weeks ago for 5. and now you cant even add a single emitter to your cart either. poor website. I ordered some over 2 weeks ago and still not here.

gunga

Flashaholic
Has anyone found a source of warm/neutral seouls with more flux than the S2 binds from Mouser?

Is the P7 available in warm/neutral?

I'm loving these tints.

4x4dodge

Newly Enlightened
Great list. Went with the TK20 as my 1st light after seeing it in your list here. Thanks.

FloggedSynapse

Enlightened
lights using CREE neutral and warm white LEDs?

Apparently Cree offers three classes of white LEDs - cool, neutral and warm white.

Most manufacturers use the cool white LEDs as these produce the most light per watt. It's hard to find many lights using the warm tinted LEDs.

I did find the Fenix TK20, which uses a Cree neutral white LED. They advertise the light as being superior for outdoor use, specifically for penetration, use and fog & rain, etc.

Does anyone know of any available lights using the warm tinted LEDs.. and for that matter how the quality of the light looks?

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: lights using CREE neutral and warm white LEDs?

I think the EZAA is available in 5B tint, but that's closer to neutral than warm I'd say.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does any one have the confirmed Tint category for the JetBeam Element-3P. It seems quite a bit warmer than all my other 5A lights, but it could be sample variation and the lower power. Does anyone else have a E3P and think that the tint might be warmer than the typical Neutral 4300K 5A?

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eagletac T10LC2 is also available in Q3-5A tint.
The L-mini II should definitely be added, since it is available in Q3-5C (in fact, its the only 5C tint light that I have heard of). I believe it is slightly warmer than the 5A tint.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
buming the thread for fun..

as i pre-ordered one.. 47s quark should be added to the list.

and new jetbeam pro1 v3.

and separate question: does anyone know if dereelight still sell bare emitters and stars or not? they are listed but no "add to cart" icon..

( i just modded akoray with my dereelight star with 5a led. and i am now in hunt for more *Grin*.. oh well atleast one into storage ..justincase scenario.)

MWClint

Enlightened
Peak now has the Eiger AAA with the Neutral Rebel 100's

Stainless, Brass or HAIII Black, Ti at a later date.
Choice of Smooth Reflector(narrow) or Medium optic or wide optic
Choice of Cool or Neutral Rebel 100
8 available power levels..(single level light, u choose power level when u call peak to order)
works on all primaries or nimh...and gets a boost from 10440
39.95 for Brass/HA, 49.95 for Stainless

main eiger thread in the peak forum -> https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/230946

got mine the other day. here's a few pics.
eiger1.jpg

eiger2.jpg

reflector(peak calls this option narrow) on left. Medium optic on right.
eiger5.jpg

:drool:
took this shot yesterday of a raspberry bush in the back woods
using a neutral rebel eiger narrow sp#8 on 10440
e1.png

dudu84

Enlightened

I did find the Fenix TK20, which uses a Cree neutral white LED. They advertise the light as being superior for outdoor use, specifically for penetration, use and fog & rain, etc.

I'm not an expert on this but I think Fenix's claim of better penetration is not entirely true. When not considering the solid particles in the air (such as dust), water vapor still plays a very important role. As the wavelength increases, the attenuation coefficient (combined absorption coefficient and scattering coefficient) in the visible spectrum of air indeed decreases, however this value goes up for water. In very humid environment or during the rain, I think we lose more light penetration with neutral white compared to cold white LEDs.

Still, I love the neutral tints best :)

dirtech

Enlightened

I'm not an expert on this but I think Fenix's claim of better penetration is not entirely true. When not considering the solid particles in the air (such as dust), water vapor still plays a very important role. As the wavelength increases, the attenuation coefficient (combined absorption coefficient and scattering coefficient) in the visible spectrum of air indeed decreases, however this value goes up for water. In very humid environment or during the rain, I think we lose more light penetration with neutral white compared to cold white LEDs.

It sounds like you know something about the science of this, but my experience with cool white vs warm or neutral tints in the fog is as fenix claims. Maybe what your saying is true, but our eyes can't perceive it. Cool white light bouncing back from the fog blinds the crap out of me.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

It sounds like you know something about the science of this, but my experience with cool white vs warm or neutral tints in the fog is as fenix claims. Maybe what your saying is true, but our eyes can't perceive it. Cool white light bouncing back from the fog blinds the crap out of me.

+1

JBorneu

Enlightened

In very humid environment or during the rain, I think we lose more light penetration with neutral white compared to cold white LEDs./QUOTE]

Not true, as long as you stay above the waterline. Even when it's raining cats and dogs, there is still more air than water around you (or you'd drown), so warm tints are still better than cool tints. The absorbtion of the light in the water plays a very small role in humid air. The scattering of the light is much more important. Blue wavelengths scatter much more than red wavelengths, so the red light (of which the warm tinted LED's have more) penetrates further while the blue light (of which the cool tinted LED's have more) scatters immediately.

In water, however, absorbtion is more important. Cool white reaches the farthest underwater because the red tints are absorbed very fast in water while the more powerful blue tints can reach more distance before being completely absorbed.

So, when you want your light to shine as far as possible, for use above the waterline you need warm tints and below the wawterline you need cool tints.

dudu84

Enlightened

I was only referring to humid environment as I don't know much about the light penetrations through fog, besides the fact that red light seems to work well :). In fact, I would love to try my flashlights (both cool and neutral LEDs) in the fog or heavy smoke but still waiting for the opportunity :D. I have seen how awesome the beam looks in smoke when I burnt something in the kitchen some time ago :devil:.

JBorneu said:
Not true, as long as you stay above the waterline. Even when it's raining cats and dogs, there is still more air than water around you (or you'd drown), so warm tints are still better than cool tints. The absorbtion of the light in the water plays a very small role in humid air. The scattering of the light is much more important. Blue wavelengths scatter much more than red wavelengths, so the red light (of which the warm tinted LED's have more) penetrates further while the blue light (of which the cool tinted LED's have more) scatters immediately.

In water, however, absorbtion is more important. Cool white reaches the farthest underwater because the red tints are absorbed very fast in water while the more powerful blue tints can reach more distance before being completely absorbed.

EDIT: Actually I think you are right about the small role of water in humid air, JBorneu. I guess I was confused about vapor and liquid water. I only knew that the attenuation coefficient of water goes up with increasing wavelength while coefficient of air goes down, but without actual quantity of both substances, it's impossible to estimate the net changes in total value :eek:.

Last edited: