List Your Favorite Light You Have Had For More Than 2 Years Than You Use Nightly

The Hawk

Enlightened
Lumintop Tool AAA. This is my EDC. I have had it several years. I depend on it for a variety of tasks. It never lets me down.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
L01bs2b.jpg

TIFisher

Newly Enlightened

Man, I really miss those original G2's. I had a few, but every time I'd drag one out in front of family they'd grow legs. Wife "misplaced" the last one I had....like 10 years ago. Like socks in the dryer, POOF!! Gone.

Wish SF would bring them back. Even a single 123 tube would be awesome.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a few lights nightly; HDS Rotary (EDC), Fury, T1A (EDC), and Beta QRv2 on my key ring. I'd like to rotate the Fury with the P1R, but the aggressive bezel on the P1R keeps it sitting on the dresser. Wish I could find a smooth bezel option for the P1R. BTW, I have 1" shrink tubing on the P1R's body. Surefire's knurling is too aggressive.

Pops

Another BTW, I carry two back-up Surefire's in my briefcase; LX2 and a 6PX Pro. Forgot, I have a Minimus in the briefcase as well. .... :laughing:

Love'um all! ... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I am typically home in the night hours these days it is the Paklite. I have a Seraph SP-6 with a Malkoff that sees a lot of backyard duty and a Solarforce LM2 with 1XCR123 also Malkoffed that I often use digging around upstairs for something but it is the Pak-lite that sees nightly use.Having so many lights to use it could be any number of different models through out the course of the month depending on my needs but the Pak-lite is just so convenient around the house it gets regular use.

Celery

Newly Enlightened
These 2 Surefire Maximus each got daily use on the ranch and in my shop — each one got about 5 years of heavy, heavy use (many drops, tosses, etc around the shop) before the battery started failing.

Sent them in for "service" to SF and they sent me back 2 brand new ones :( The old two were 500 lumen models, and I believe had a way better tint than the new 1000 lumen model.

6MzPK3J.jpg

Last edited:

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
My two favorites at night.

I'm wearing a TH20 as I read this thread, ha ha! It is hands-down my most-used light (every night) and has been for a few years now. My flashlight use has dropped in the last year, but not my headlamp use. Perusing CPF tonight may bring the flashlights back into play very soon.

Interestingly enough, lately I've been doing more with Krill lights than flashlights, too, so your post really strikes a chord for me :)

MX421

Enlightened
I also carry and use a Zebralight daily, an H600. I use it for a worklight/headlamp as well as a handheld. The other EDC is a Leupold i converted to a P60 with a floody quad that is used for a quick access light. During School, i have a H604c that i sue for getting the kids ready for school in the morning as well as using it alongside the H600 for night time yard work, but since i don't use it daily in the summer, i won't count that.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Each night, I use a 1xAAA Fenix 15th Anniversary twisty light. It hangs around my neck on a lanyard. It has a better, cooler tint than the stainless steel Fenix LD01 it replaced.

I removed the rubber O-ring from the anniversary light to make it easier to twist.

fenix-15th-anniversary.jpg

crn3371

Newly Enlightened
I have an original Nitecore P12 that I use nightly whenever I let my dog out to take care of business. I live where coyotes can be an issue, so whenever the dog needs to go I have to accompany.

Kalsu

Enlightened
I use my ZebraLight H600Fc Mk IV every night at work. I use the headlamp for closer hands free stuff and a full sized flashlight for longer "brighter" tasks. The handheld light varies (lately) between a ZebraLight SC700d, a Prometheus Alpha, or an Oveready P70.

CanAm

Newly Enlightened
I carried a Mag XL50 for many years at work, unfortunately it walked away one day several months ago. I did replace it with a Warm White XL50, but other lights replaced it in my work bag in the interim. Though I'm thinking of rotating it back in, since my headlamp also takes AAs and the sh!tty Peli M6 holster I'm using just ripped.

3_gun

Enlightened
Fenix LD10 was a EDC light for more than 10 years and still gets picked up often but was replaced by a smaller, brighter E12v2 light. It fits my Leatherman sheaths side pouch which makes carry a bit easier. Still the LD10 finds its way into my pocket and/or hands very often but none are used nightly any more.

nightowl4150

Newly Enlightened
I've carried a Surefire M6 that I modded with a Malkoff LED drop-in (I don't think they make it any longer) and with a double 18650 cartridge. I was perfect for LE work because it was built like a tank, small enough to fit into the "sap pocket" of my uniform pants, had a fantastic throw, and was rechargeable. By 2021 standards, it may not be the brightest or lightest flashlight available, but it never failed me and has worked for the last 13 years.

ELZ

Newly Enlightened
Every day, multiple times per day, I use an Elzetta with a M61W and a brass Peak Eiger (with the old warm high CRI emitter) or a stainless steel Eiger (with the Nichia 219B emitter from oveready).

They've been beat up over the years and have never failed me.