Living the good life :)

Poppy

Flashaholic
Technology today is amazing. Yesterday I took my grandson to a golf driving range where they can track the ball as it flies, and chart/graph how fast, how far, and how high it traveled.

I left him for an hour or so, and went to a nearby Costco and picked up four cases of water. Each case had 40 bottles of 16oz - $3.99 each. Later I didn't feel like cooking, so I ordered a specialty slice from a Pizza/Italian restaurant. Their options are incredible.
Crumpled bacon/ranch dressing. It tasted better than it sounds.

1707647875467.png

Life is good!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
omg i love pizza i miss florida pizza due to id suspect many places there was run buy native new yorkers ps bet jersey pizza rocks . georgia pizza not so much lol. i love mine with everything including anchovies

Poppy

Flashaholic
omg i love pizza i miss florida pizza due to id suspect many places there was run buy native new yorkers ps bet jersey pizza rocks . georgia pizza not so much lol. i love mine with everything including anchovies
Yeah raggie, I never knew how good I had it in Jersey until I moved to Georgia, well, at least that is regarding pizza. I had a great life in Georgia too.

This pizza parlor opened about ten years ago. there were three others within half a mile of it, I couldn't imagine why they would pick such a location. They brought to the forefront many specialty pizzas that were sold by the slice. Prior to this, one would have to order a whole pie if you wanted custom toppings.

They put one parlor out of business, and put a major hit on the two others. I think my favorite is Chicken Marsala pie, I ordered it last night, but they were out of it. For a meal, I really like their gnocchi carbonara.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anchovies are the best! Sadly, a lot of pizza places don't have them anymore.

When I was in Columbus in the early 80's, I couldn't find any real pizza, only pizza hut. And hardly anyone from the South knew what a bagel was back then.

Now with so many New Yorkers moving South, there is some pretty good pizza if you find the right place.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best pizza around here is Mellow Mushroom (based out of Atlanta Georgia :drool:). I get the house special (everything)

Last night I was on my own though so I had Sushi. Had a Dragon Roll 🐉 in honor of Lunar New Year and a few other items. Eel is my favorite!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Anchovies are the best! Sadly, a lot of pizza places don't have them anymore.

When I was in Columbus in the early 80's, I couldn't find any real pizza, only pizza hut. And hardly anyone from the South knew what a bagel was back then.

Now with so many New Yorkers moving South, there is some pretty good pizza if you find the right place.
i love also pineapple with the anchovies i lke the contrast in flavers

Poppy

Flashaholic
Yesterday my grandson performed in a showcase of Dance colleges in NYC. It was a fundraiser for scholarships. I dropped him off for rehearsal in the morning, and later in the day, my daughter, his brother, and I, drove back to NYC and met him for dinner at Tappo's for thin crust Pizza. My daughter and I shared a Pesto Pizza. That was different. I'd order it again. The boys each had a personal pie, and an order of waffle fries. To drink we had three soda's and a glass of wine. Looking at the menu, I thought that it was a little expensive, but not CRAZY expensive Like I expected in NYC. Still the bill came to just under $100, plus tip. @ 18% it cost $117.

Overall, it was delightful.

It certainly had a nostalgic appeal, perhaps in an earlier life it was an ice cream parlor.

1709639193812.png

1709639227202.png

1709639248799.png

1709639272782.png

As I left I took a picture of their on street gazebo. During covid many restaurants were allowed to build outdoor open air structures to serve food and stay in business.

1709639450296.png

The afternoon high was about 60F but as the sun went down, there was a cool breeze that dropped the temps into the mid 40's with a little wind chill, I was glad that I wore my three season coat.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Went to a seminar recently in the mountains of VA. A bunch of down to earth government folks explaining the new record keeping software while feeding us a home cooked southern meal with farm raised chicken breast pieces in a cheese sauce, scalloped hash browns, fesh picked green beans and brownies. There were other foods too but that's what I had.

IMG_3848.jpeg

The sunset from my hotel room window.

IMG_3834.jpeg

The sun rise from my hotel room.

Yeah, I'd go back.