Lookiing for my first true EDC thrower.

jshay

Newly Enlightened
Well kids,
I have been on CPF for a few weeks now, and have already switched out my EDC SF Fury for a Nitecore P25 and have been very happy with the purchase. But I would like to have an EDC thrower as well. I have been impressed with the One Stop Throw Shop and it's innovator, and am considering the Smallsun ZY-C10-S because of it's smaller size and ability to focus out to a bit of a flood as well. My thinking is that this would be a good first step into the throw world, before I race out and get the Night Master or Deft's. I would be interested in your thoughts on the subject as well as other possible recommendations in this category.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Edit:

Edit:
I will be buying online.
I'm flexible with my budget.
Max of 7 inches, to be carried in a coat pocket. LED format.
I have been looking primarily at modified lights for best performance, but not against an out of the box light if it can perform at the highest levels.
My preference would be for CR123 batteries since everything else I have runs on same. But I would also be open to rechargeables as well.
I would like at least a low, med, high setting on the light, with a tactical high or turbo immediately available, and should include a strobe. Optimal low setting would be less than 60 lumens, and max should be as high as possible, and as a thrower, candelas should be primary.
As this would be a thrower, I would say that ranges of 20 meters to as far as I can get, would be best.
As for runtime, I would like maximum performance without huge size in an EDC format. Since I will not be needing to use it for long periods, and since I do stock batteries, 30-60 mins would be optimal. I would consider less than 30 minutes as well for max performance.
While I will not be using it all the time, I always like to buy quality items because when I need it I want it to work every time.
I am open to switch type, but prefer tail mounted.

Last edited:

slifland

Newly Enlightened
I too am looking at a smallish EDC thrower. So I am waiting for the opinions of those that know more than I.

As an aside does this mean that I am only looking for XM-G(2) or XM-E's ?

Thank You for your expertise and time.

buds224

Enlightened
The Armytek Predator is a really good thrower. Programmable levels as well. An ultra low that lasts for months in continuous run. Built in battery voltage check too. Very tough as well.

jshay

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the Armytek recommendation buds224. I will add that to the hopper.....