looking for 2 specific budget lights

BillG

Newly Enlightened
2x cr123....and 2x AA. They must be twist on/off and very reliable. runtime is more important than brightness. Multi levels..... SOS...form factor... etc are all secondary. hope to stay under $30 for each one.

thanks.....Bill

l337m4n

Newly Enlightened
Checkout the iTP Light A4 EOS for $30 and the 4sevens mini aa2 it's $40 but also a twisty. Any less quality and they won't be very reliable.

l337m4n

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys disagree but at least list a light instead of adding nothing to the topic.....and by lesser quality i'm meaning the crapfire brands.

sniper

Enlightened
Hey, Bill;

Lots of guys will say negative things, but, in my experience, a good old MiniMaglite 2AA with a Nite-1ze or Terralux single LED drop-in is what you describe.

Maybe $9.00 for the light from Home Depot , Walmart or Target, and another maybe $15 for the module. Some are brighter than others, so you might wish to test them. In my 4 MiniMags, run time is geat. I have never changed a battery because the lights are getting a bit dim , the brightness and throw are good for backyard/campground/power outage use, and the reliability is legendary. My nephew is an airline pilot, and he uses one I gifted him with years ago for his night inspection duties. He has no desire for another one.
Good luck!

mccririck

Enlightened
Ok guys disagree but at least list a light instead of adding nothing to the topic.....and by lesser quality i'm meaning the crapfire brands.

Pretty offensive of you. I bought a 2AA from Lidl in the UK for £3. It is only 1W but has been extremely reliable. If all you can say is crapfire then you dont have much to add to the budget forum.

Tegan's Dad

Newly Enlightened
+1 Mini Mag drop-in.

Or try to find the new Mini Mag Pro+, sounds like it's right around the $30 price, has high/low mode (Mag rated 27 hour on low), and if it's as reliable as their incan line, then should be very good! There's a couple of threads around that named some online sellers, but sounds like it will be a bit before they are available in the local hardware store.

BillG

Newly Enlightened
thanks for all your suggestions. I'm going with the iTP A4 EOS and the mini-mag led.

regards...........Bill