Looking for a blood spotting light.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that, what type of emitters were used for each picture?

You're most welcome.
Those are actually all from the First-Light USA Tomahawk MC 425. I didn't have time then to do the white beam as I was heading out the door. I've done some videos on YouTube if you want a closer look but pm me for the link I don't wanna intrude on the thread plus please be aware I m no salesman for any company I m just a guy who's paid lots of money learning things the hard way... as opposed to reading lots of articles... but by personal experience.

However reading lots of articles is actually what caused me to learn the hard way because most of it is coffee shop talk and there's always someone somewhere getting paid by a company to promote something. I m not being paid by anyone and I don't do Hollywood. My aim however is to provide information to fellow enthusiasts etc. to help them better to decide if what's right for me is right for them without having to sift through all the junk and lose unnecessary money in the process.

AND... there's no Luminol or anything else sprayed or used on the wound.

Last edited:

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no light in the world to spot blood. You need a chemical agent — Luminol applied first. THEN UV light may expose the result of Luminol reaction with blood hemoglobin.

When looking for a UV light pay attention that it is built on a Nichia emitter. I guess they are the best.

Please see above photos: no chemicals and no uv. ALL SAFE and very useful.

Please also be advised that you should know the facts before recommending something like uv to anyone based on "I Guess." Wavelength and quality is what you want to know "not" who made the led.

I Guess doesn't work when you're referring to something that can severely damage your eyes. But there's another thread for that... just sayin 🤔

Last edited:

herektir

Newly Enlightened
Tracked a deer with a green led hunting light which makes blood pitch black while everything else is green, but still have to be close to spot a drop or 2 on grass. Sure fire 9p with xenon bulb seems to work pretty well also. In normal led try a neutral tint high cri Nichia 219b flashlight, the 219c is more orange/yellow shift than red.

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to discourage you, but Hollywood are liars (as usual). There is no light in the world to spot blood. You need a chemical agent — Luminol applied first. THEN UV light may expose the result of Luminol reaction with blood hemoglobin.

When looking for a UV light pay attention that it is built on a Nichia emitter. I guess they are the best.

Well blue light disagrees with you 90%. Lights up blood extremely well albeit it lights up red as well.

Also blue light lights up dried blood too as that's still red and I used blue light to clean blood daily as maintenance before, and black reflects as white with blue light whilst dried blood reflects black, so it is usually pretty clear as long as it is dark enough.

Having a spare bit of hydrogen peroxide handy to tell the difference between either bright red or dark red lipstick and blood is very helpful.

Last edited: