Looking for a long throwing EDC

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for a recommendation for a long throwing EDC. Long throw, little spill needed. Think of looking down mine shafts. Something tough, TI perhaps. Budget up to $400. I haven't been around much for several years and am still trying to catch up with what is out there, and who the builders currently are.

Size up to a Surefire 6P. Single cell or double cell up to 2xCR123 size. Custom is fine in the price range.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Bob Damon

Enlightened
Check out the new [h=1]Olight M2X-UT Javelot XM-L2 1020 Lumens[/h]a 1x-18650 compact thrower.

For or a custom, check out the Eagletac S200C2 modified by Vihn

radiopej

Enlightened
Yeah, the M2X seems built for you, the the reflector is obviously bigger than a 6. Perhaps see what Vine is doing to them for maximum output (probably just current bumps and heat sinking for this one).

TEEJ

Flashaholic
When you say 6P sized or less, does that include the head diameter, or just the length/body diameter? You mention EDC, implying you'll put it into your pocket, etc? The larger headed lights throw like crazy, but there are smaller headed throwers that are surprising.

IS there a head diameter limit for you?

Is the mine shaft you are peering down small in diameter, but long? Is the mine shaft an analogy you chose, or, a job description? :D Is there a distance you want to be able to resolve something at in that shaft/scenario...as in, what is it you want to be able to see at what distance?

I can calculate the cd of the light you want to do that, and that will help narrow the field to just what might have a chance.