Looking for SS P60 host (18650 and 2 CR123) or plastic? Needs to be reliable but!

Mr_Light

Enlightened
I have three of the NEXTORCH lights bought from blastertool running three different LED drop-ins with 18650s. Just don't try running any hot running LED drop-ins, since there is little thermal dissipation.

Howdy. What would you like to know about the Nextorch? I am currently using mine with an incan lamp, but it is a straight P60 host and can accept led drop ins.

In addition to this light, how about considering the Streamlight Polytac or Bayco Tac-200? They might fit the bill as well, and are 2x123 setup. I have the SL, and it can use R123s (I have noticed no adverse effects, and the current drop due to higher voltage confirms the regulation is maintained). Plus, they are available in yellow, which I like.

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have three of the NEXTORCH lights bought from blastertool running three different LED drop-ins with 18650s. Just don't try running any hot running LED drop-ins, since there is little thermal dissipation.

I would say this is true of any poly-bodied light. But so long as drive currents are moderate, let's say 1A, then you should be ok. I typically do a 15 min burn, then quickly pull out the led module to check for excessive heat.

Newuser01

Enlightened
.What would you like to know about the Nextorch?..
I have three of the NEXTORCH lights bought from blastertool running three different LED drop-ins with 18650s.
Hello! There Phaserburn and Mr_Light. Good of you to drop in and give me a bit of a hand.
Its just general questions regarding nextlorch!
The fit and finish, doese battery 18650 fits fine without any gaps? Is the 18650 you use are protected? any rattle? Reverse clicky on the tail? Is there a connection made along side the body of the light to the head? The reason I ask that is to make sure there are no Aluminium in the thread area as shavings from the thread can be problems.
Oh and if you know which drop in's you folks are using would be good too.

I will look into other recomendations you have made as well.
But as it is now, NEXTORCH seems to be the front runner as the best candidate (due to Cost of the body) add about 10 - 20 for the head and the final damage is very reasonable. (This -is important since we may be looking at putting together a few sets for the production floor.)

I'll toss this into the mix even though its from DX..."spicer-fire-x-07-cree-q5-wc-2-mode-230-lumen-led-flashlight"Its a real SS P60 host, clean & lube it, add a decent drop-in and a better clicky and you should be good to go.
Nice! This may be good to back up the NEXTORCH.

I will keep you all informed.

Last edited:

Newuser01

Enlightened
Hello, everyone.
I have ordered the NEXTORCH Here:
And Drop-in: Here:
These will be paired with protected 18650.
Will keep you all informed as to how this goes.
And to keep my flashlight buying habit happy, also ordered SKU 23286 (from DX) and will go thru the trials together.

Wish me luck as these should be great.

Regards.
newuser

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, everyone.
I have ordered the NEXTORCH Here:
And Drop-in: Here:
These will be paired with protected 18650.
Will keep you all informed as to how this goes.
And to keep my flashlight buying habit happy, also ordered SKU 23286 (from DX) and will go thru the trials together.

Wish me luck as these should be great.

Good luck!