looking for wall switch style momentary switch

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some, I guess obscure switches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif what I need is something that looks like a wall switch, preferably the paddle style but that is a momentary in either the on or off position. Ideally it was be a 2 or 3 gang of them in a single wall switch sized unit.

I have seen similar things in some classrooms that are used to manually raise or lower a projection screen. You push up and the motor goes one way until you let go.

Searches on the internet and at a local electrical supply house have turned up nothing of interest. Has anybody ever heard of such a thing or can give me any leads, or even just a link to their favorite electrical supply house where I might find such a thing?

I could always just drill holes in a blank plate and put in regular looking toggle switches, but that would just look awful.

Thanks!

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might try large auto parts store. Are some fairly attractive toggle switches on the market. You might also think of rocker type switches. www.grainger.com is great source for all kinds of industrial/commercial electrics.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
This won't be in retail stores. Look for a place that sells electrical supplies for industrial customers.