Looking to make my own headlight, but need help with LED

BennyLava

Newly Enlightened
I've got pretty much everything else figured out, except the LED itself. I'll just make this quick. Can this LED ever be run off of 12v? I mean and give full light output. I'm looking for a 7500-10,000 lumens output LED. And I want to get the latest cree for max efficiency and the least heat. But I'm working with a 12v system. It seems like that shouldn't be a problem, right? Anyone have a recommendation, perhaps?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100W-Cree-X...Lamp-Module-/221632225049?hash=item339a4f5f19

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Do you mean headlight, as in a for a car, or, a light strapped to your head?

The 12v part makes me think this goes in automotive lighting for example....?

What's the application?

BennyLava

Newly Enlightened
Whoops, looks like I messed up and posted in the wrong forum. Now I feel all foolish and stuff. Yeah its going to be a "headlight" aka a docking light on a pontoon boat. Some of the seldom used docks I want to use, out in some lakes that are in no man's land, are pretty dark at night. And I like to do night boating and fishing. So some really bright docking lights would be very useful.

I also may turn them on here and there, when out on the water. To check of stumps, so I don't run over any. Got to be really bright. Yeah if I mod could move this it would be greatly appreciated.