Low lumen penlight?

John Fluke

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a low lumen (about 10 lumens) LED penlight. Can't be much brighter. Probably max of 20 lumens.

Prefer 1 or 2 AAA.

Must be durable and not easy to turn on accidentally when knocked around in a bag.

Don't need or want strobe or any other settings.

Does such a light exist?

parametrek

Enlightened
Several exist. The big choice you'll need to make is tail switch or twist switch. Tail is easier to use with gloves or wet hands, twist won't accidentally turn on.

For twist:

• Fenix E01
  • Klarus Mi02
  • Nitecore T0

For tail:

• Led Lenser P2BM
  • Led Lenser P4BM

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Lumintop IYP365 Penlight might fit the bill.

The IYP365 Penlight is a three-mode flashlight: 1, 25, and 125 lumens. Is the 25-lumen Medium mode okay for you?

One of the most attractive features of this penlight is its high-CRI Nichia 219BT emitter.

This is one of the many new flashlights that has not yet shown up on the database maintained by parametrek. In fact, the entire Lumintop line-up is missing from the database. Don't fret, though, parametrek is on a mission to update his valuable web site.

You can see reviews by MHanlen and virtuovice ("Hello, Flashlight People!") on YouTube. There is also a discussion thread at BLF.

Last edited:

Skeeterg

Enlightened
Manker has one that I am very interested, model PL10. Has 2 settings 10 and 120 lumens. It also writes lol.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

The IYP365 Penlight is a three-mode flashlight: 1, 25, and 125 lumens. Is the 25-lumen Medium mode okay for you?

One of the most attractive features of this penlight is its high-CRI Nichia 219BT emitter.

This is one of the many new flashlights that has not yet shown up on the database maintained by parametrek. In fact, the entire Lumintop line-up is missing from the database. Don't fret, though, parametrek is on a mission to update his valuable web site.

You can see reviews by MHanlen and virtuovice ("Hello, Flashlight People!") on YouTube. There is also a discussion thread at BLF.

just bought this one. almost perfect medical penlight, since turns on medium mode, then low, then high. however low is perfect for pupillary reflex, medium good for close up, indoors use and high takes care of most everything else. I gifted to my dad, who is a retired physician, since form factor is perfect for someone who wears shirts with breast pocket, easy to find AAA batteries, although eneloops are recommended (alkalines leak and will ruin light eventually). as said above, the nichia color is just so sweeeet!

John Fluke

Newly Enlightened

That looks very good, but I don't like the penlight starting on medium mode, which is too bright for my use. If it started on low mode, it would be great.

I'll keep looking.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
Peak has 2AAA lights as an option or just get a Peak Eiger.
Get a #subzero and a medium optic and high CRI LED and the output should be less than 10 lumens with a runtime well over 20 hours.
Or same configuration with a QTC pill and have adjustable output starting at ~.5 lumens up to 40.
You can also get it with a momentary switch and titanium pocket clip if you want.

If you do order from Peak make sure to specify what output you want from subzero-8, 8 being the highest.

Last edited:

Latest posts