• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Luce de Notte -- the orginal sales thread

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Now Taking Payments: Luce de Notte (unless you have an H3 sphere already)

Thanks, Fred. Really, this is just an idea that came from your original concept, and ideas are why we look on the forms.

I will say that the LED design could offer some fun variables the Trit does not. I love the Trit, however, I just wish someone here in the USA would stock these things.

. . .
Best,

NR

PS...If I get a sphere, I would love you to make me a "Luce!"

Well, that's the catch--it is illegal to sell Tritium in the U.S. unless you have a license from the government--usually two licenses, one Federal and one State. Those come to close to $25,000--so there aren't a huge number of flashlight makers or component suppliers that would be able to sell that much Tritium to justify the licensing fees.

So that's why everyone buys from B@rt, or a similar foreign source.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over the years, I've learned how to machine the reflector so that the buyer of the Luce body can install the Trit sphere himself, or herself, since I have sold more than a few to women. :)

The sphere can be installed either with Norland Optical Adhesive 61, which is a pretty permanent bond, or with electrical grade silicone, which is a bit easier to remove, if so desired in the future.

If one were a complete klutz, I'm sure that we can find plenty of folks who have installed Trit vials who would be more than qualified to install a sphere.

Midnight Run

Enlightened
18 mm. Green trit sphere ordered from B@rt.
Large Ti Exclamation Point Luce ordered from Fred seconds after that.

...And now the delicious wait begins ;).

I'll be posting picts right here in a few months y'all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trave11er

Newly Enlightened
Like I said, pics or it didn't happen... :poke:

7258553580_df29b685ea.jpg

7258554144_8bc9f24b5e.jpg

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still available or possible to order???? They are great!!!!

Yes, they can be ordered--please send me an e-mail at the address in my signature and let me know what you might be interested in. And I can send you my price list for the standard Luci.

Just a note though--you need to source your Trit sphere somewhere else--I'm not allowed to sell any Tritium products.

service_wastl

Newly Enlightened
Yes, they can be ordered--please send me an e-mail at the address in my signature and let me know what you might be interested in. And I can send you my price list for the standard Luci.

Just a note though--you need to source your Trit sphere somewhere else--I'm not allowed to sell any Tritium products.

I send you a email-but get no answer. Please send me the price list for the Luci!

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
wanting a Luce...not being able to get an ice blue or green tritium sphere is frustrating..anyone could help?

wyldthng

Newly Enlightened
I can't resist. Fred made this for me a while back. Anodized titanium, green trit and my lousy attempts at photography don't do it justice!! Oh and here's an idea... I couldn't make up my mind about green or blue for the trit, so I bought one of each and he mounted them both to reflectors so they are swappable.:devil:
e3924580.jpg

0b4e975c.jpg

oregon gopher

Newly Enlightened
I am so getting one of these, wyldthng what makes the circles on the side of yours appear blue? Is that inset glass or enamel or what? Looks like it will be feb/march before Bort gets the orbs to power one for me though.