Lumapower, Lumacraft Series Formula 1

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumenation said:
The Fenix looks brighter, am I correct? What do you think about the new F1?What is the runtime going to be like? What is the brightness and beam like compared to the cree?

I think the reason the Fenix P1D CE is brighter because it's using a shiny reflector. The SSC-P4 F1 has an OP reflector, smoother beam with less throw.

I don't know what the run time is, I am not set up to do them.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is what came with the SSC-P4 F1.

picture017smallxi5.jpg

BMRSEB

Enlightened
Very nice, Erns!! I was about to pull the trigger on the F1 but got the D Mini instead. I figure I'll most likely get the M3 and that will satisfy my pocketable EDC needs.. Then again, the F1 looks really handsome too..:ohgeez:

Damn LumaPower for making nice looking and functional lights!!:rant: :grin2:

LightScene

Enlightened
I haven't seen any comments about what the outer bodies of the F1's are made of.
Are they relatively heavy or light?

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
how much brighter is the l1dce compared to f1 ...are they pretty close or is there a real noticeable difference...any more realworld beamshots with other objects in place to see a good view or maybe a hallway

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered one of these (SSC F1) and want to use a 14500. I am aware of the o-ring around the positive contact in this light which looks like it might be challenging to use most 14500 batteries without the "magnet mod". The AW's that I have are flat at the top. Just ordered some ultrafire 14500's which have a slight dimple at the positive end. Will post results if they work or not. Should be impressive.

Look here at pic of ultrafire 14500.....
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2460

The input voltage is 0.8-4.2 so the 14500's should work great with impressive results.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
you could trim off a tiny bit from o ring hopefully

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
qip said:
you could trim off a tiny bit from o ring hopefully

Good idea but that might cause a short. Also a small ball of rolled up aluminum foil placed carefully inside the o-ring may work. Looks like the ultrafires should work with the dimple....hopefully. Should have the light Friday. Will post results!

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
An AW's 14500 Protected fits in the SSC-P4-F1. The only difference is the 14500 is longer. The 14500 work with out any magnet at the + end. The battery does not fit snug. I did remove AW's sticker on the battery.

dsc04688smallln3.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SSC-P4-F1 @ 75" (14500 Protected)

dsc04682smallsi7.jpg

SSC-P4-F1 @ 75" (nimh Battery)

dsc04684smallwp9.jpg

SSC-P4-F1 @ 75" (14500 Protected) Stepped down exposure.

dsc04683smallez1.jpg

SSC-P4-F1 @ 75" (nimh Battery) Stepped down exposure.

dsc04685smalldg5.jpg

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info and screenshots ernsanada! I am using my AW's in my Fenix L1D. Hmmmmmm......looks a little brighter with the 14500!

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the ultrafire 14500's are too short to work in the F1 SSC! As ernsanada indicated the aw's work fine. I was able to throw a small washer in the bottom of the light and it did work with the ultrafire 14500. This is probably due to the fact that there is no protection circuit in the ultrafire which makes it shorter.
Great light. I like the attention to detail. Well gotta go drool over my new light now!

alphazeta

Enlightened

My apologies for bumping up a super old post but, does anyone know if the luxeon version of the F1 will open up similar to the SSC version shown here? I wasn't able to find that documented via search.:eek:

If it does & all it takes is some heat & strap wrenches, then I've found the cheap & attractive 1AA hosts that I have been looking for. Any firsthand knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
AZ

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, alphazeta.... I do not have the answer to your question... but thanks for the (old:) ) review ernsanada! I saw the sale Batteryjunction was having on these... and decided to pick up the P4 version when I ordered my TK20. Not a bad little light for $40!

HeadShot

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

bought two of the older Lux I versions and noticed a slight difference: i put the same battery into each light (tried several Duracell Ultra and some Energizer e2), put the light together and when i want to turn it of, one light turns off immediately but the other one takes almost two full turns before its off... whats wrong? Anyone seen this before?
greetz,
georg