lumens factory otf lumens?

strideredc

Enlightened
Was there ever a list compiled with a comparison or estimate with the lumens factory bulbs otf outputs? or even what amps they pull?
or could you just say take 1/3rd off to get close?

I am just guessing here, what do all the incan crew think 🤔???

I tried to look but could not find??

I am especially after the IMR m3 m6 d26....

strideredc

Enlightened
Maybe I should have looked harder as MD's old lithium battery guide has some excellent info in it.... digesting now...

Renthall

Newly Enlightened
This thread has current draw

CanAm

Newly Enlightened
This definitely isn't a scientific comparison, but my 6v LF incan lamp is listed on their website as 110 lumens.
With reasonably fresh batteries it's slightly but noticeably brighter than my Malkoff M61 NLL, which is rated at 80 lumens.
This makes me think that LF is probably reasonably close to OTF output with their ratings, though I'll admit there's some other stuff going on here (different reflectors etc) that could have an impact.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I know from the incandescent p60's and E series I have got from them they are roughly 1/2 what's listed that goes out the front Compared to SF. To my eyes Anyways. There 90 lumens drop in for the E2E is no where's near as bright as the standard 60 lumber E2E bulb from SF

CanAm

Newly Enlightened
That is good to know. But yeah I'm going to save the big difference there for. The M61 has a tiny reflector in it
Absolutely a part of it. TBH I wish Malkoff would've used a bigger reflector for the P60 stuff. It's extremely well-built and the emitters are good, but it's a dinky reflector.
In this case though I think the output from the higher-rated LF lamp is probably comparable to the Malkoff LED, but it has a higher candela at short and medium distances that's evening out the perceived brightness of the beam.

strideredc

Enlightened
I wish there was still a supply for small bi pins like my 1185, I have 4 but after that the holder and battery carrier will be useless apart from Lumens Factory ones :( is there any other last suppliers of such bulbs that I don't know about??

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
LF has stated previously that they would never publish OTF output figures, because any testing method of OTF output appears to be flawed. Instead they only list the gross LED output on their product specs.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
LF has stated previously that they would never publish OTF output figures, because any testing method of OTF output appears to be flawed. Instead they only list the gross LED output on their product specs
And that method is also flawed.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine they post bulb lumens, because they sell bulbs. They have no idea exactly what light they will be going in. A d26 LA could be inserted into a G series surefire. Or C,P etc with different lenses. Or their own Seraph. Or a solarforce. Or any other light which they fit in. There used to be available the way that you can Mount them inside of a maglite head.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I know from the incandescent p60's and E series I have got from them they are roughly 1/2 what's listed that goes out the front Compared to SF. To my eyes Anyways. There 90 lumens drop in for the E2E is no where's near as bright as the standard 60 lumber E2E bulb from SF

How much of a difference would you estimate? I was thinking about buying that 90 lumen drop in. Using a 16650 with that setup would be really nice, but not if it's significantly more dim than an MN03 with fresh cells.

I like their 150 lumen bulb for an e2. It's brighter than an mn03 and the runtime is fine for most short daily use cases.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
To my eyes there 90 lumens bulb is not as bright as SF 60 lumens bulb. Now that I looked again it's not a huge difference but you will be able to see it. Being able to run on a 16650 is a huge plus though.

Duster1671

Enlightened
Absolutely a part of it. TBH I wish Malkoff would've used a bigger reflector for the P60 stuff. It's extremely well-built and the emitters are good, but it's a dinky reflector.
I sort of agree, but mostly because I prefer the aesthetics of a reflector that fills the head. Not that I look down the barrel a lot, but the Malkoff drop-ins look a little strange.

I have wondered if this has to do with reflector proportions. A deep reflector is good for condensing the light into a relatively narrow spill and punchy hotspot, which is sort of a claim-to-fame of the McGizmo reflectors. Keeping the proportions the same, the only way to make the exit a larger diameter is to also make the reflector longer. There is, of course, only so far you go can in this direction before the drop-in doesn't fit into the intended head.

So, while I do feel that the tiny Malkoff reflector is a little odd, the results speak for themselves.

strideredc

Enlightened
Talking of Malkoff I just ordered my first one! it's only taken me... "however long Malkoff has been making p60 drop ins".... its a neutral L M H, will see if it lives upto all I have heard?

I am still very happy with my FM bored 6P running p91 via 2x 18350's I got few months back. Those were a steal from FM IMHO.