• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop BLF GTvn - Best Reflector Thrower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lumintop GTvn - Best Reflector Thrower?

whats this tractor supply magic plastic box? if your taking about the 55W hid they sell with 9 inch reflector i have 2 of them and one does 900kcd and the other does 1.01 million cd. both have a perfect focus. i had another one with a odd beam at 900kcd and i returned cuz it broke. i dont see how 1.5M is possible mine are no where close . if your taking about a different light im all ears

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

btw...this is a guess from somebody that knows lights pretty well, next door

if he is even close to being right, it will be a homerun
yclongthrow wrote:
So hypothetically, what kind of numbers would be seen in a BLF GT sized reflector, with the
Luminus CFT-90

?
2.3Mcd, ~3km throw
~4k lumens in spot, ~1.2k in spill.
265m spot diameter at 1km
10 degree beam divergence.

only time will tell..............

iv already proved that is impossible. Even the Oslon would not hit 2 million. The throwing ability is 25% better based off the difference between the Xhp35 led and the CFT90 led in the TN42 host using real numbers. the bigger host will have the same 25% of throw improvement. Based on this guys estimate this led would need to have a 63% increase in throw over the xhp35 and its no where close. Now the led is not driven to its max in the tn42vn90. lets add 1000 more lumens and raise the throw Increase to 35%. So if the CFT90 throws 35% better in the GT over the Xhp35 then we get 1.7 million lux. and that is being generous. Im not trying to get you mad or anything i just dont want you to be dissapointed if its only 1.6m lol. and btw 1.6million and 5000 lumens is quite revolutionary in its own right.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

I remember like 10 years back, 1GB was an immensely ridiculous amount of memory and people joked about having enough time in their lives to fill up such a capacity. Now in 2018, it's IMPOSSIBLE to find 1GB cards and it takes considerable effort to find even 4GB memory cards anymore.

In 2016, when I first started this flashlight thing, the TM16GT's 250k lux was a real big deal. Pushing it to 375k lux with the TM16GTvn was an absolute breakthrough.

Now in 2018, we've hit the "that's only 200kcd lux improvement" milestone.

By around this time next year, we will need to calculate the curvature of the earth and the effects of the sun and moon's gravity in order to measure accurate throw numbers!

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

I remember like 10 years back, 1GB was an immensely ridiculous amount of memory and people joked about having enough time in their lives to fill up such a capacity. Now in 2018, it's IMPOSSIBLE to find 1GB cards and it takes considerable effort to find even 4GB memory cards anymore.

In 2016, when I first started this flashlight thing, the TM16GT's 250k lux was a real big deal. Pushing it to 375k lux with the TM16GTvn was an absolute breakthrough.

By around this time next year, we will need to calculate the curvature of the earth and the effects of the sun and moon's gravity in order to measure accurate throw numbers!

LED technology is improving faster then any other tech i know of honestly. thats why im so into this hobby.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

LED technology is improving faster then any other tech i know of honestly. thats why im so into this hobby.

True that. I never thought of it that way. I'm probably the same without even knowing it. haha

hahoo

Enlightened

iv already proved that is impossible. Even the Oslon would not hit 2 million. The throwing ability is 25% better based off the difference between the Xhp35 led and the CFT90 led in the TN42 host using real numbers. the bigger host will have the same 25% of throw improvement. Based on this guys estimate this led would need to have a 63% increase in throw over the xhp35 and its no where close. Now the led is not driven to its max in the tn42vn90. lets add 1000 more lumens and raise the throw Increase to 35%. So if the CFT90 throws 35% better in the GT over the Xhp35 then we get 1.7 million lux. and that is being generous. Im not trying to get you mad or anything i just dont want you to be dissapointed if its only 1.6m lol. and btw 1.6million and 5000 lumens is quite revolutionary in its own right.

yep, im talking about that 40 dollar , freak of nature hid from tractor supply
mine hits 1.5 mill lux all day long
dont know how , but it does it
at 10 meters where i check it from,the hotspot is hard to even keep on the white part of the sensor eye its so tight , and concentrated
its about the size of the white eye itsself at 10 meters.
i must of got an absolutely perfectly focused one out of thebox
ok, ill still take 1.6mcd , and 5000 lumens, and not be the least mad ;)
im always ears for any info,and knowledge, as long as the source is trustworthy, and polite:thumbsup:

Last edited:

hahoo

Enlightened

yep its nutts
now they have games that are 30 or more gb ??
for 1 game ?:eek:

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

yep its nutts
now they have games that are 30 or more gb ??
for 1 game ?:eek:

I still remember the smoothness of Ocarina of Time on an N64 emulator on my Note 3 thinking this is just -wrong-!

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast

The GT is an astronomically larger host than the TN42, that might explan the major heat difference. XHP35 HI gets up to around 2500 lumen at around 2.5 amp. The GT is close to that output at 2amps. The extra half an amp really doesn't make too much of a difference. The designers of the GT purposefully kept the highest output at 2 amps because they saw no benefit to the 1-200 lumen gain for a big drop in efficiency.

The color difference shouldn't matter too much as the 4000k is the highest output bin for the XHP35 HI.

If you wanted something very different from stock light, the Black Flat will give a laser beam.

GT is 2.5 Amps as well. Double click turbo is higher than ramp turbo

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

So the beam temp for the GT is around 4000K? Hahaha YES!!! Sorry cool white lovers :laughing:

BVH

Flashaholic

I'm game. Try it on "my dime". I've got a bunch of them coming and can afford to experiment with one of them. CST-90, 5500-6500? yeah!

pm SENT

I honestly think this light performance is Excellent from the factory. For $200-$300 it just make sense. $150 is giving this light away haha.

An upgraded version of this light requires New CFT90 LED, Circuitry, Major carrier mods...Prices will be astronomical (at least from me) so I don't know...

So...yes...Buy this light stock. You will love it! There will be no regrets. Lumintop did an excellent job!

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I have gotten FB messages and email asking what I estimate a GTvn90 price would be if it can be done...Many express hope of price landing around $400.

Here is why this GTvn90 can never be $400 (At least from me)
$157 Shipped for groupbuy price (Light will retail for $265)
$120 CFT LED (Assuming buying multiple LEDs)
$25 Circuitry Related (At least)
$15 USA shipping (At least with parcel post – ground snail mail)
That's $317 total out of pocket
$400 Selling Price leave me with $83 profit.
30% income tax on profit = .7*$30 = $58.10 "take home"

BVH

Flashaholic

As I offered, I'll upfront costs if it works for you and am not repulsed by the well over $400 figure.

hahoo

Enlightened

so if we send in our own gt to be modded , it looks like 240 bucks or so for parts and labor?

Pssymon

Newly Enlightened

I was wondering if you had your eye on this light. I got on the list a while ago as this light is such a good deal. The runtime looks great as well, I don't mind the extra bulk. Maybe I would be interested in a mod (at a later date).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts